The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
As far as the episode, if this was a new show that would be an :ld: finale but being that we know what he becomes, it was great. He's officially Saul now....the show is about Saul's birth basically....not sure what there is to complain about.

Oh and he's still wearing the ring in his first appearance in "Breaking Bad":

ring_zpso5ppido3.png

Fred.

:blessed::blessed:

Thats crazy!!

• Dap
Reactions: hex
Daps
Reppin
NY
Okay, am I the only one who thinks he didn't get the job with the new firm for that case? That's why he comes out bytching to Mike about the Kettleman's 1.6 mil?

Also, good to see him and Hamlin squash it.

Marco :mjcry:

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
He was already suspicious because of the medical bills he brought, the boom in money, and the billboard stunt.
Would you want someone who's willing to take the shortcut of the billboard stunt with the risks that come with it in your firm?
He coulda hooked him up a little. Yea I know there comes a time to ditch losers (like what Jimmy did), but Jimmy was trying to get his life right. Coulda made him a paralegal for a year or two. But to chuck (:mjpls:) ya boy in a mail room?

That's hustling backwards though. I guarantee he's made more than $2 mill total over the course of his career as Saul. After Gus died he was making $54,000 off every cook Walt and Jesse did. He charged Walt and Jesse $50,000 in season 2 to clear Badger, and was making 5% off every time Gus paid Walt.

That's what we know about. Then there's all his other clients. Now if he wanted to retire that's a different story but judging by this episode he's addicted to the fukkery just as much if not moreso than the money.

Fred.

And we all see what happens to ppl when they lead the illicit life for too long. But yea that addiction is strong

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Okay, am I the only one who thinks he didn't get the job with the new firm for that case? That's why he comes out bytching to Mike about the Kettleman's 1.6 mil?

Also, good to see him and Hamlin squash it.

Marco :mjcry:

Nah he got the job, but didn't want it. His entire reason for being a lawyer was to please Chuck ("I though you'd be proud" last ep) meanwhile his homeboy Marco let him live with him without even caring what kind of job he had. So Saul is looking at it like, do I continue to try and impress Chuck, or do I surround myself with people that accept me unconditionally?

Which unfortunately is criminals. :francis:

Fred.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked eps 4-9 a lot, didn't like the finale that much. Wasn't bad, but that Chuck scene was a little forced and goofy. Him not at least going into the interview didn't make that much sense either. It was explained, just not convincingly.

Still a good first season though, there was a string of great episodes and it should get better from here.