The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

ThePsydeFX

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I feel like Chuck will be the one to ruin the McGill name by blowing this case and then get fukked on his part of the firm.

Whatever happens, I feel it'll have something to do with Chuck instead of Jimmy.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Man I know this whole case with Chuck is gonna end badly :mjcry:

I do wonder when does Jimmy starts doing the Saul persona and business. He has to fukk up badly or go into some kind of hiding for that happen I guess. Maybe Season 3? :patrice:

He's still in ABQ, so I feel like he doesn't have to go into hiding, but they've touched on him not being able to use the name on account of Hamlin Hamlin McGill.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Well he's not hiding though cause he's still in the same city . I think as we seen jimmy knows how to cater to his clientele , he dressed like Hamlin now like matlock for elder law . He puts on the image to fit the situation and as far as we know from bb both his brother and Kim can both be alive and healthy and saul just his character in the office and soon as he goes home he's jimmy . I think despite the criminality he showed in BB Im starting to think some of the suggestions to kill people were a front to get walt to step back from the edge . And maybe in another light he was helping walt not just for money maybe but cause of the family aspect and the way walt was kind of downtrodden prior to Heisenberg . I think he could of screwed Walt on several opportunities if he really wanted too but he didn't
Edit: also maybe he's not hiding hiding but the McGill name gets ruined possibly ?? Idk but this show definitely has me fascinated with what makes him turn into saul

Saul was a dirt bag in "BB" but he was never evil. He always tried to give Jesse and Walt good advice above and beyond being a criminal lawyer. In season 3 he tried to give Jesse advice on laundering his money, in season 4 he tried to convince Jesse to mend things with Andrea/Brock, in season 5A be obviously felt bad about helping Walt poison Brock, and wanted to end their partnership....even when Walt threatened him, he tried to talk him out of dealing drugs, despite the fact he'd lose money. There's also a Blu-Ray/DVD only scene for season 5A that takes place between the last two episodes....the gun Jesse had in "Gliding Over All" came from Saul, who was worried about Jesse.

Hell, the last scene he has in "BB" he's trying to talk Walt into turning himself in to help his family.

The first scene he has in "BB" he's already working with the cartel, so a lot has to happen for him to go from Jimmy, to Saul.

Fred.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Saul was a dirt bag in "BB" but he was never evil. He always tried to give Jesse and Walt good advice above and beyond being a criminal lawyer. In season 3 he tried to give Jesse advice on laundering his money, in season 4 he tried to convince Jesse to mend things with Andrea/Brock, in season 5A be obviously felt bad about helping Walt poison Brock, and wanted to end their partnership....even when Walt threatened him, he tried to talk him out of dealing drugs, despite the fact he'd lose money. There's also a Blu-Ray/DVD only scene for season 5A that takes place between the last two episodes....the gun Jesse had in "Gliding Over All" came from Saul, who was worried about Jesse.

Hell, the last scene he has in "BB" he's trying to talk Walt into turning himself in to help his family.

The first scene he has in "BB" he's already working with the cartel, so a lot has to happen for him to go from Jimmy, to Saul.

Fred.

This.

Saul was consistely 'The Devil's Advocate'. Pun intended.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
IMO the spoiler involving Kim

remember how Saul/Jimmy blabs to Kim about Chuck helping him out and she goes "well he's still a partner here"? Flashback an episode or two ago where she says she has to work like 2 more years to become a partner. Now in the ending trailer today, theres a clip that shows her telling Jimmy "take the deal" which to me hints at Hamlin, Hamlin, & McGill going after Chuck and Jimmy and trying to get Chuck out and Kim will snake her way in as a partner, fukking Saul over yet again

i have a feeling they will get a big settlement and the money will go to hamlin somehow.... you see how loyal chuck is to the firm, or they will get sued

I feel like Chuck will be the one to ruin the McGill name by blowing this case and then get fukked on his part of the firm.

Whatever happens, I feel it'll have something to do with Chuck instead of Jimmy.

This is just my 2 cents but I'll spoiler tag it....

I don't think Kim intentionally sells out Saul....but at some point she's probably gonna get asked about the $400-$500 copies in Chuck's name....it's going to come out that Chuck/Saul are working on a $20 million case, and Hamlin is going to say that's HHM's case because Chuck still works there, and he used their property to research it.

Chuck would have two choices, let HHM steal the case or leave the law firm. If Chuck bounces and HHM gets the $20 million case, I have a feeling Kim will make partner, which will probably end her relationship with Saul, even though she didn't mean him any harm.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Could it be that Mike would be involved? :patrice:

In the preview, I'll spoiler tag in case people don't want to know anything....

They briefly show one of those guys pointing a gun at Mike....maybe the "job" is to kill anyone else that showed up, to prove whoever wins is best for the real job, whatever it is.

Fred.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
i might be reading too much into it, but was that a blackmail move from mikes daughter in law? is this why mike is taking work now?

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i might be reading too much into it, but was that a blackmail move from mikes daughter in law? is this why mike is taking work now?

Nah, at this point she would've already talked to the cops, and told them nothing. Last ep the younger cop was saying they were gonna talk to her the next day, at her request.

But she does kinda still blame him for what happened to her husband, which is why she pointed out the money she had ain't enough.

Fred.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.
Also didn't saul say he makes sure no one knows how much he's worth ? He could be really rich but like the kettlemans can't spend any of it really :patrice: there's so many ways saul can go it's fascinating

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, at this point she would've already talked to the cops, and told them nothing. Last ep the younger cop was saying they were gonna talk to her the next day, at her request.

But she does kinda still blame him for what happened to her husband, which is why she pointed out the money she had ain't enough.

Fred.
That helped me understand mike so much better . I mean maybe his loyalty to Gus was a severance package to his granddaughter even once mike passes .

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That helped me understand mike so much better . I mean maybe his loyalty to Gus was a severance package to his granddaughter even once mike passes .

Yeah, that's what it was. When Hank/Gomez were interrogating Mike in season 5A the account his money went into wasn't even in his name, it was Kaylee's.

Fred.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Another good episode of the show, Jimmy dumpster diving :scust:when all he had to do was look in the recycle bin :bryan:. Be an old lady with an allowance bruh, that company scheming the old folks and they didn't even know it. Good thing she was light on cash when Jimmy did her will or he might not have noticed it.

Chuck starting to get better, but you know something bad is going to happen.

Hamlin with the dikk move in the opening, you guys having a party :whoo:. Let me get a piece of cake and talk to Jimmy for a minute. So about this working here thing :sas1:.

Jimmy :mjcry:

You want the door open or closed :sas2:

Daps
Reppin
NY
This is just my 2 cents but I'll spoiler tag it....

I don't think Kim intentionally sells out Saul....but at some point she's probably gonna get asked about the $400-$500 copies in Chuck's name....it's going to come out that Chuck/Saul are working on a $20 million case, and Hamlin is going to say that's HHM's case because Chuck still works there, and he used their property to research it.

Chuck would have two choices, let HHM steal the case or leave the law firm. If Chuck bounces and HHM gets the $20 million case, I have a feeling Kim will make partner, which will probably end her relationship with Saul, even though she didn't mean him any harm.

Fred.

Definitely agree/see the point with the second part of your spoiler :salute:

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I need the Insider podcast to drop!

1320967672_4.jpg