As confirmed by Vince on the podcast .

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:patrice:

A lot of people are underselling what went down in season 1 of BB

Doubt BCS could put together a similar recap.

Season 1 isn't a good example of how "BB" was paced though.

They had 7 episodes, that's it. That might've been all they had, there was no guarantee they'd get renewed. So they burned through a ton of plot, almost too much plot....a bunch of shyt that was supposed to happen in season 1 didn't solely because of the writer's strike. In hindsight they consider that strike a blessing because it made them stop and reconsider the pace of the show.

Season 2 came, and that's the pace "BB" became known for.

"BCS" got a minimum 2 season renewal before a single episode aired. And let's be real here, it has zero chance of ever being cancelled. So they have no reason to move the plot as quickly as season 1 of "BB".

Fred.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Season 1 isn't a good example of how "BB" was paced though.

They had 7 episodes, that's it. That might've been all they had, there was no guarantee they'd get renewed. So they burned through a ton of plot, almost too much plot....a bunch of shyt that was supposed to happen in season 1 didn't solely because of the writer's strike. In hindsight they consider that strike a blessing because it made them stop and reconsider the pace of the show.

Season 2 came, and that's the pace "BB" became known for.

"BCS" got a minimum 2 season renewal before a single episode aired. And let's be real here, it has zero chance of ever being cancelled. So they have no reason to move the plot as quickly as season 1 of "BB".

Fred.
You right.
But, still..all that background information aside, the reality is even when things got slow in season 2 you always had the memory of the season one fukkery to remind you that the show always had the potential to hit overdrive.

Watched BB week to week and loved it. BCS just isn't doing it for me yet.Can appreciate the quality, but the characters aren't really grabbing me :manny:

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
:mjcry:

When you think about how much money Saul coulda skitted away with. The 5 mil here, the money Walt told him to hold for Jess. (EDIT: PLUS the 5 mil Jesse told him to give to the two families.) This dude is stand up.

Mike too. Dude walking around with duffle bags like it's nothing. Me, with barely no family? :patrice:
You know why? It's because Saul and Mike are old school criminals that believe in "honor among thieves"... :mjcry: its rare to see that in this day and age.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Looking back it is pretty clear that the only reason Pa Kettleman even took that money in the first place was that Ma Kettleman bullied and nagged him to death to do it and he did it so recklessly that shyt wasn't planned at all. That look she had on her face every time she said ":demonic:We didn't take that money. :demonic:We are innocent. :demonic:We ain't doing jail time" it's clear she was the spearhead of all of this....

Ma Kettleman: Honey you know how you work with all that money? :usure:
Pa: Kettleman: Yeah.... why? :dwillhuh:
Ma Kettleman: I think it's time we take what we are owed.
Pa: Kettleman: :dahell: What you talking bout?
Ma Kettleman: Take a million dollars from your job..... even more :wtb:
Pa: Kettleman: :pachaha:bytch you crazy... :whoo:oh your serious.... :mindblown: NO!
Ma Kettleman: So you don't like fukking me is what your saying... :aicmon: I bet the neighbor would love to sample this cause you won't anymore
Pa: Kettleman::whoa: Lets just say I do it how we gonna get away with it... and what about the kids?
Ma Kettleman: :sas1: We're white , we just say "we didn't do it" :sas2: and fukk them kids :sas1:
Pa: Kettleman: :to::snoop:
Ma Kettleman: :demonic:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
those few minutes mike had were more interesting than the rest of the ep combined..he's just a much more interesting character to me

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Show got really lame... Idk what it is but this show just not grasping me.

Maybe it's the fukkery of empire i get to witness week to week. But this show just isn't keeping me entertained. Still im gonna rock with it!

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was a little worried about this show after ep 2 and 3 and the goofy cartoonish sh1t with Tuco, but the last 3 have been very good imo. The pace is fine to me.