The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Great episode. Mike stay getting his hands dirty. Saul is showing he's the best actor on this show. I can't wait for Kim's back story. Did Jimmy hit?

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
:yeshrug: I love the show. I don't mind watching a show build into what it's intended to be if it's done right. I trust Vince and Peter and the rest of the team will make sure it's somewhere in the Breaking Bad field of greatness.

I honestly have no complaints as of yet because I am really curious to see how & what they will continue to show of both Saul's & Mike's past and how that carried over into BB

That scene where Mike is at the Kettlemen's house just shows how Mike's always been that "professional" when it comes to his line of work. Reminds me of when he was at Walt's house for the first time. And knowing the creators of the show this is just the beginning so I can't really understand why people want it to be some one episode show.

Fred said it best it's like "visual novel" & based on the work of the creators you have to keep in mind that the show will grow with each episode. Also the attention they put on the details of the show is something viewers will appreciate with time.

god=nature=we'reFUCKED

Organize the non obvious
Daps
Reppin
HQ
tumblr_nlcbu2PdIG1u5qq1so3_500.png

The cinematography :stylin:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Idk if it's her acting but I get the impression she's kind of using jimmy
I take that shadiness coming from her more as her not wanting Saul to mess up what she has going on at Hamil's firm. She wants to make partner. But it does seem that she has a long history with Saul that might involve her owing him a favour or something. She seems like she really wants him to succeed.

Was I the only person thinking that Saul was gonna get Nacho to get the $1 million and split it with him. I didn't think he was gonna go the honest route. Saul out here playing good samaritan. :mindblown:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I take that shadiness coming from her more as her not wanting Saul to mess up what she has going on at Hamil's firm. She wants to make partner. But it does seem that she has a long history with Saul that might involve her owing him a favour or something. She seems like she really wants him to succeed.

Was I the only person thinking that Saul was gonna get Nacho to get the $1 million and split it with him. I didn't think he was gonna go the honest route. Saul out here playing good samaritan. :mindblown:

His antics did kinda fukk over Kim though. If he never tried to scam the Kettlemans, he never meets Tuco, and by extension Nacho....who never tried to get Jimmy to rip them off....who then doesn't call them, sending them on a camping trip. Their case was hard enough as is, with that it became virtually impossible.

Earlier in the season I thought he'd rip them off but this episode, when he had the money, I knew he was taking it to the Feds. Kim's career at HHM was basically over if she didn't get back her clients.

As far as Kim I don't get a shady vibe from here, but she's about her business and Jimmy is about the fukkery. If you were a successful lawyer moving up the ranks, and your homeboy who lived in a store room in a nail salon was like :blessed: "come work with me!" would you? I doubt anyone here would.

Fred.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
His antics did kinda fukk over Kim though. If he never tried to scam the Kettlemans, he never meets Tuco, and by extension Nacho....who never tried to get Jimmy to rip them off....who then doesn't call them, sending them on a camping trip. Their case was hard enough as is, with that it became virtually impossible.

Earlier in the season I thought he'd rip them off but this episode, when he had the money, I knew he was taking it to the Feds. Kim's career at HHM was basically over if she didn't get back her clients.

As far as Kim I don't get a shady vibe from here, but she's about her business and Jimmy is about the fukkery. If you were a successful lawyer moving up the ranks, and your homeboy who lived in a store room in a nail salon was like :blessed: "come work with me!" would you? I doubt anyone here would.

Fred.
Yea when he walked her into the that corner office and she was like "wow who's office is this?" I was like:huhldup:Is he really tryna sell her this place to come work with him?

:francis:I guess it didn't hurt to ask her though even if it was a long shot.
:lolbron:Imagine if Jimmy gets her fired for something else and she has to come work with him in that nail salon??

:ufdup:Jimmy gon be like "I bet you regret taking that corner office now"

• Dap

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
gb5V87y.gif
Thinking of how Betsey beats the case and screws Saul , let's say she flips on Saul on some seduce plot. She knows him and Kim are friends so she tricks Saul into sleeping with her and saying him and Kim worked together throwing in a mistrial result, Hamlin fires Kim and she leaves town in disgrace and Chuck disowns him and the Jimmy McGill name is ruined. No real clients go to him and he becomes Saul to survive. I can see this Betsey is a winner if she goes down everyone goes down. A poster said Walt would not make a sacrifice and take the 16 months like Craig , well that's because he is the Jessie to Betseys Walt. I thinking that Betsey is still planning a comeback.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.
Plus maybe jimmy fukked something up in the past . Like did he ever work there ?? I get the impression he did , and maybe they said he did and I missed it . I guess since jimmy is the protagonist I want to root for him and therefore I attribute negative stuff to otherwise innocent characters like her and Hamlin

• Dap

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Plus maybe jimmy fukked something up in the past . Like did he ever work there ?? I get the impression he did , and maybe they said he did and I missed it . I guess since jimmy is the protagonist I want to root for him and therefore I attribute negative stuff to otherwise innocent characters like her and Hamlin

He's never mentioned working there, but the insight that they send bad employees to "the cornfield", and Hamlin reacting as if he'd never heard that, suggests Jimmy might've worked there as a low level employee at some point.

Side note, the "cornfield" comment was a reference to a classic "The Twilight Zone" episode, "It's A Good Life":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It's_a_Good_Life_(The_Twilight_Zone)

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Was listening to the podcast and apparently a ton of stuff the Kettlemans say/do is improvised. They obviously have lines to deliver but a lot of the smaller dialogue and quirks was created by the two actors, Julie Ann Emery and Jeremy Shamos, who hung out a lot, going grocery shopping, out to dinner, etc. as their characters.

Fred.