The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
basically im saying the show is underwhelming

:manny:

I like it. The only episode I was :ld: on was 2.

Not sure what you want/expect from it. It's basically "Breaking Bad" seasons 2-4 in terms of how it's paced.

Fred.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
You want some thuggery to pop off huh :mjpls:

Not sure what you want/expect from it. It's basically "Breaking Bad" seasons 2-4 in terms of how it's paced.

Fred.

i want to be into this show
but it is slow paced and te dialogue is:patrice:

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Did you watch breaking bads early seasons live ?? It's extremely similar

naw

i wasnt in the states much of the time it aired
i basically watched it all together in Afghanistan and watched the last season on netflix

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
naw

i basically watched it all together in Afghanistan and watched the last season on netflix

Now it makes sense.

People said the same things about "BB" during it's run, every week. But if....let's say season 4....dedicates damn near an entire episode to Marie stealing shyt....you aren't gonna notice that because you watch the next episode whenever you want. You're not gonna sit there like :francis: "well, there's next week". You're just gonna remember all the cool shyt.

I guarantee this show would be far better to you if you binge watched, because that's what you're used to.

Fred.

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Now it makes sense.

People said the same things about "BB" during it's run, every week. But if....let's say season 4....dedicates damn near an entire episode to Marie stealing shyt....you aren't gonna notice that because you watch the next episode whenever you want. You're not gonna sit there like :francis: "well, there's next week". You're just gonna remember all the cool shyt.

I guarantee this show would be far better to you if you binge watched, because that's what you're used to.

Fred.
:ohhh:
that actually makes sense

the majority of shows i seen were binge watched

and most years after the completion
i just finished Lost last year:wow:

this might be the 1st show i watched live in forever:ohhh:
i as about to say Walking dead but i just remembered that i started that on netflix too and Game of thrones on demand:wow:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.
I think it's that people got use to binge watching breaking bad to catch up they forget what it's like to let the story play out. To me if someone honestly sat through breaking bad then they should be willing to give this a chance to play out . I remember how I felt after I think the episode season one with the Doctor and Jessies family , it was interesting but idk at the time I didn't really feel they episode and later that season after grey matter I was hooked like why did Walt leave ? Just for the girl ? Are they corrupt ? :heh: funny how we never got that flashback episode . Did you ever see the mini episodes , like with hank fukking a transvestite before his wedding ??
naw

Ok bro , I think that' might be why cause it's similar to how breaking bad started . The first season was mostly set up to get Jesse and Walt into position to be the guys that they were in season 3-5. Maybe wait till the end of the season and come back ?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now it makes sense.

Fred.
I really like the show but if This was in a vacuum or say premiering before BB might wind up binge watching it once I heard the crazy good reviews . ( mike episode probably would of kept me on though)

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh:
that actually makes sense

the majority of shows i seen were binge watched

and most years after the completion
i just finished Lost last year:wow:

this might be the 1st show i watched live in forever:ohhh:
i as about to say Walking dead but i just remembered that i started that on netflix too and Game of thrones on demand:wow:

That's it breh. TV is the "visual novel" nowdays and each episode is like a page, each season is like a chapter. Shows don't need to be "appointment TV" any more, you can stream them, download them, binge watch on Blu-Ray, whatever. So they can write a show with the entire season in mind, and not have each episode be self-contained, or with a "gotcha" moment or a big ass cliff hanger, like a lot of 80's and to a lesser extent 90's shows.

If you're used to watching this new age of TV weekly, it's no big deal. But if you binge, it's hard to go back to weekly.

And it's not just you. A lot of TV critics are like "this series has no point, nothing connects", but they forget some shyt in "Breaking Bad" took seasons to pay off. Earlier in the thread I posted a review from 2008 of "Breaking Bad" and they said the episode about Gray Matter was a waste of time. Which is obviously nuts when you watch the entire series, and see how important it is all the way up to the end.

Fred.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Was it just me or was that music jamming during the whole scene where Mike broke into the house and took the money :stylin:?

Camera direction on this show remains really good, just the way it is set up or positioned in interesting ways. Reminds me obviously of BB, but also The Knick which utilized fantastic direction.

Mrs. Kettleman was serious about not admitting they took that money :skip:. They weren't too bright, didn't think that someone could be watching or not to keep all the money in one place :snoop:.

I knew Saul was a good actor from BB and Fargo, but have to give him props. That closing scene was really well done by him :obama:

If Chuck keeps exercising like that, he can give up his space blank in no time.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's it breh. TV is the "visual novel" nowdays and each episode is like a page, each season is like a chapter. Shows don't need to be "appointment TV" any more, you can stream them, download them, binge watch on Blu-Ray, whatever. So they can write a show with the entire season in mind, and not have each episode be self-contained, or with a "gotcha" moment or a big ass cliff hanger, like a lot of 80's and to a lesser extent 90's shows.

If you're used to watching this new age of TV weekly, it's no big deal. But if you binge, it's hard to go back to weekly.

And it's not just you. A lot of TV critics are like "this series has no point, nothing connects", but they forget some shyt in "Breaking Bad" took seasons to pay off. Earlier in the thread I posted a review from 2008 of "Breaking Bad" and they said the episode about Gray Matter was a waste of time. Which is obviously nuts when you watch the entire series, and see how important it is all the way up to the end.

Fred.
I got to say this might be my favorite episode . Mikes episode was a good episode but im more interested in why jimmy turned into saul for good and I wonder if Kim winds up being that reason . Bill earning his own Emmy nod to me

• Dap
Reactions: hex