The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
it isnt in his character to cry. that was about as much emotion as u get in a guy like mike. he's a bonafide tough guy. if he had just started babbling like a baby it would have seemed very out of character for him. probably would have taken something away from the mike we got to know on breaking bad. he played it perfect in my opinion.

:obama:I can agree with this. Well said breh. Also, early in the episode when the Vet says this might hurt and Mike didn't even flinch.

:yeshrug:I guess he's all bad ass and won't even shed a tear when talking about his dead son.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
:obama:I can agree with this. Well said breh. Also, early in the episode when the Vet says this might hurt and Mike didn't even flinch.

:yeshrug:I guess he's all bad ass and won't even shed a tear when talking about his dead son.

:wtf: but he did shed tears tho. he just didnt full on sob but u could see how torn up he was about it.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
:wtf: but he did shed tears tho. he just didnt full on sob but u could see how torn up he was about it.
Yea I watched it again last night and there's one shot where you can almost see a tear come down his left cheek, but it's hard to tell. Maybe that's how they wanted the scene to be. Like you said, show he's a tough guy that won't break no matter what. Makes sense.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This can't be a coincidence. The Spanish guy that helped Saul with the billboard stunt was also a cartel goon in the season 3 finale of "Breaking Bad". Maybe that's how Saul meets the cartel:

billboard_zpsdcfdvmre.png

goon1_zpsguhb5n85.png

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh:That office is way bigger than Saul Goodman's office in the plaza. I wonder why he downgraded.

Probably because he didn't know his clientele back then. The big office is to impress his elderly clients, if you're a drug dealer/common criminal you don't care if your lawyer is in a office building or a strip mall as long as he gets the job done. Old man about to die trying to get his will together for his family would look at Saul's office from "Breaking Bad" like :francis:

Fred.