The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Show pretty good ima probably enjoy it more after I finish binge watching breaking bad blu ray

If you haven't watched Breaking Bad already, you're missing a whole layer of unspoken storytelling that isn't obvious to the casual viewer.

You're doing yourself a disservice, breh :yeshrug:

does anyone think that Vincent just should of done a spin-off prequel show focused mostly on Mike and forget about Saul?

Nah. The greatness of Breaking Bad and what they're doing with this is that the protagonists are fish out of water. I can't imagine Mike not being the most :birdman:guy in the room.

Mike seems to be 'natural po-lice' to coin a term from The Wire, so the transition is nowhere near as dramatic or shocking as it is for Walt or Jimmy

Last edited:

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
1099.gif

Didn't think so fakkit. Now keep it moving.
You're canadian. Stop cursing. We don't believe u :mjlol:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Awww u want the last word :( u can go ahead and have the last word little girl:mjlol: meanwhile no one agrees with u and everyone thinks you're a fakkit :mjlol:
:usure:You the one continuing to quote me though.

:scust:You clearly are the fakkit here. Watch you quote me again.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
To you emotional ass fakkits catching feelings cause someone doesn't like an episode as much as you...
post-30371-I-suggest-you-stop-whining-lik-msaV.gif

• Dap
Reactions: DGA

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought this episode was just okay. I had bigger expectations, but it felt kinda flat. The last scene felt really forced too. I though Mike was gonna cry, but he just seemed to be pitching his voice. Not the greatest acting as some in here would have you think. And the whole coffee scene with Saul/Jimmy seemed like sloppy way to incorporate Saul into an episode he really didn't have to be in.

3/5

This and last weeks episode haven't been as good as the few, but I hope it picks up next week.
I agree with you . I like mike the character but him being a dirty cop doesnt do anything to my opinion that he acted all high and might my with walt while being a crooked cop , got his son killed and was a drug kingpins muscle . I feel bad for his son but so far mikes still a dirt bag :yeshrug:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I agree with you . I like mike the character but him being a dirty cop doesnt do anything to my opinion that he acted all high and might my with walt while being a crooked cop , got his son killed and was a drug kingpins muscle . I feel bad for his son but so far mikes still a dirt bag :yeshrug:
I just didn't find that whole scene to be genuine. I don't know if it was Mike's acting, but he didn't sound like a guilt ridden father who got his son killed. I was waiting for him to break down when blaming himself, but the scene fell short of greatness. Maybe I'm wrong and he didn't break down cause he was happy that he killed the 2 cops, but I thought he was going to break down just off the strength of it being his fault Matty died.

Also those 2 cops must be the dumbest cops ever if they thought that Mike was just a dumb old drunk and didn't have murder on his mind. When a retired cop comes up to you and says I know it was you who killed my son (basically giving you the kiss of death), you don't just go on casually drinking and then offer him a ride home and talk about killing him as he stands a few feet away.