The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I saw the internet was hyping this up while I was at work for being a great episode for Mike and it delivered. Jonathan Banks first made me really take notice in Half Measures from BB when he gives that speech to Walt. When he set down and explained what happened to Matt to his daughter-in-law, I knew it was going to be something powerful :mjcry:. Banks is so great at conveying emotions without saying much, so when he really starts talking it makes it all the more powerful :wow:.

Really liked how they switched up the look of the show for the flashback scenes in Philly. Best episode the show has done so far.

Having said that, even from the earlier seasons I enjoyed BB more. The show definitely got better as it went along, but Walter was always a compelling character for me and there was some great stuff since the beginning. I know the comparisons with BB are natural, but I think it is beneficial to let this show cook on its on. For me, its not on my top 5 shows I watching now but has been an enjoyable ride so far :ehh:

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw the internet was hyping this up while I was at work for being a great episode for Mike and it delivered. Jonathan Banks first made me really take notice in Half Measures from BB when he gives that speech to Walt. When he set down and explained what happened to Matt to his daughter-in-law, I knew it was going to be something powerful :mjcry:. Banks is so great at conveying emotions without saying much, so when he really starts talking it makes it all the more powerful :wow:.

Really liked how they switched up the look of the show for the flashback scenes in Philly. Best episode the show has done so far.

Having said that, even from the earlier seasons I enjoyed BB more. The show definitely got better as it went along, but Walter was always a compelling character for me and there was some great stuff since the beginning. I know the comparisons with BB are natural, but I think it is beneficial to let this show cook on its on. For me, its not on my top 5 shows I watching now but has been an enjoyable ride so far :ehh:

walter-white-breaking-bad-pilot-3.png

Agreed.

This shyt right here was :gladbron: when I first saw it.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
saw IGN gave it a 9.7 before I watched it....figured yall were in here going :blessed:....watched it and :wow:...episode was fukkin excellent....mike :mjcry: incredible acting tonight...

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I thought this episode was just okay. I had bigger expectations, but it felt kinda flat. The last scene felt really forced too. I though Mike was gonna cry, but he just seemed to be pitching his voice. Not the greatest acting as some in here would have you think. And the whole coffee scene with Saul/Jimmy seemed like a sloppy way to incorporate Saul into an episode he really didn't have to be in.

3/5

This and last weeks episode haven't been as good as the first few, but I hope it picks up next week.

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I thought this episode was just okay. I had bigger expectations, but it felt kinda flat. The last scene felt really forced too. I though Mike was gonna cry, but he just seemed to be pitching his voice. Not the greatest acting as some in here would have you think. And the whole coffee scene with Saul/Jimmy seemed like sloppy way to incorporate Saul into an episode he really didn't have to be in.

3/5

This and last weeks episode haven't been as good as the few, but I hope it picks up next week.
:patrice:

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
I thought this episode was just okay. I had bigger expectations, but it felt kinda flat. The last scene felt really forced too. I though Mike was gonna cry, but he just seemed to be pitching his voice. Not the greatest acting as some in here would have you think. And the whole coffee scene with Saul/Jimmy seemed like sloppy way to incorporate Saul into an episode he really didn't have to be in.

3/5

This and last weeks episode haven't been as good as the few, but I hope it picks up next week.
There's always one. Canadian too :mjlol: negged