The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Series is off to an excellent start. If they could reach the same highs that BB reached in S3 & 4 :wow:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Minor observation, but the woman who was Kaylee's mother in the season 3 finale of "BB" doesn't seem to be the same actress from this episode. I'll just chalk that up to, maybe the original wasn't available.

Fred.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Dear fukking LORD at that final scene. Jonathan Banks won himself an award nomination with that performance. The pain for his sins and the realization his broke his boy for nothing :mjcry: :to:

I had stupid high expectations for this episode and it fukking delivered :salute:

PS: We've seen that camera shot of Mike shooting someone to the ground or was that another character on BB? @hexagram23 3

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eps 2 and 3 were a little goofy to me, but the last 2 have been great. Mike killed it with his acting in the last scene.

I agree with the tone feeling different every week, and I like the variety.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I might get some hate for this, but whatever. I jumped on pretty late onto Breaking Bad, so it was hyped all the way up before I watched it. Honestly, it didn't live up to my expectations. Yeah, the series as a whole had it's highs but the lows were pretty low. I'm not talking about the story going high/low, I'm talking about the storytelling and acting. I'm thinking it's more of an AMC forcing them to make filler episodes or whatever because I feel like I don't get that with the HBO shows.

But I can honestly say so far, Better Call Saul has delivered with every episode to me. Mike is probably my favorite character in the entire series, so when I say this was my favorite episode & it's the best out of the entire series so far - that's how I feel :manny:
I feel the same exact way. I like this more than BB so far:yeshrug:

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Dear fukking LORD at that final scene. Jonathan Banks won himself an award nomination with that performance. The pain for his sins and the realization his broke his boy for nothing :mjcry: :to:

I had stupid high expectations for this episode and it fukking delivered :salute:

PS: We've seen that camera shot of Mike shooting someone to the ground or was that another character on BB? @hexagram23 3
walt to the guy the last ep. guy turned around to plead for his life and got his head blown off. another nod was saul putting the sugar in the coffee, same angle as the lydia "stevia" packet in the finale. usually miss some of the subtle allusions but those 2 stood out like a sore thumb

Blaze500

Banned
Daps
does anyone think that Vincent just should of done a spin-off prequel show focused mostly on Mike and forget about Saul?

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
does anyone think that Vincent just should of done a spin-off prequel show focused mostly on Mike and forget about Saul?

Not if this show is gonna eventually get into the lives of all type of criminals. But he's def. more interesting then Saul.