The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I might get some hate for this, but whatever. I jumped on pretty late onto Breaking Bad, so it was hyped all the way up before I watched it. Honestly, it didn't live up to my expectations. Yeah, the series as a whole had it's highs but the lows were pretty low. I'm not talking about the story going high/low, I'm talking about the storytelling and acting. I'm thinking it's more of an AMC forcing them to make filler episodes or whatever because I feel like I don't get that with the HBO shows.

But I can honestly say so far, Better Call Saul has delivered with every episode to me. Mike is probably my favorite character in the entire series, so when I say this was my favorite episode & it's the best out of the entire series so far - that's how I feel :manny:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I can't imagine how it must feel to be Jonathan Banks.
You go your whole life doing bit roles, good bit roles and some good normal roles but normaly just the go to goon and then because of a scheduling problem you get called in to work on Breaking Bad and at this late of an age you get the chance to give the performance of a lifetime for such an amazing character :wow:
Details?

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
People calling this show :flabbynsick: are acting like every episode of BB was breathtaking and action packed. Cats on here cant wait to shyt on something. shyt is corny
They most likely started watching the show during that last season hiatus and binged on it in like a week,so it seemed like action and fukkery was constant.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Saul was originally supposed to help Jesse get rid of the evidence after Jane died in season 2. Bob Odenkirk was doing an episode of "How I Met Your Mother" so he wasn't available. They rewrote the episode and created a character who would be a hitman/fixer....it was Mike.

Fred.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
His voice breaking :mjcry:

Break your boy, and all for nothing, brehs. :mjcry:

:mjcry:

shyt makes me reflect on so many BB moments now. Its adds another layer to it for me.

The "We had Fring, Walter!"

"STFU and let me die in peace"

All that struggle to ensure his daughter got that money.....Doing his best to make sure his son's daughter could have a happy life as he said today "died for nothing" :mjcry:

Him and Jesse relationship.....even though he was *stubborn* he took a liking to him...not long after losing his son. :wow:

Mike the Real MVP :salute:

tonyclifton

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It
Side note: this episode had some phenomenal editing/cinematography.

Fred.

It did for sure but am I the only one who noticed at the end when he was sitting with his daughter in law and it panned to both of them the angle looked really wierd. He looked like a giant and she looks tiny like some willy wonka shyt

I dunno maybe I'm tripping

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
:mjcry:

shyt makes me reflect on so many BB moments now. Its adds another layer to it for me.

The "We had Fring, Walter!"

"STFU and let me die in peace"

All that struggle to ensure his daughter got that money.....Doing his best to make sure his son's daughter could have a happy life as he said today "died for nothing" :mjcry:

Him and Jesse relationship.....even though he was *stubborn* he took a liking to him...not long after losing his son. :wow:

Mike the Real MVP :salute:

Thats just phenomenal writing.
There is no other way to put it. Vince really goes above and beyond! The work he put in to the BB universe is :mjcry: