Pro
Daps
Reppin
Monopoly money and the sex toilet scenes had me rollling :russ:

Look forward to Mike ep next week

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
:childplease: I'm far from an action junkie like those cats who critique WDs eps, but these first couple of eps are not seeing BB's firsts. I was enthralled from the jump. Blasted through the whole series in a week with no wane of enthusiasm, :lupe: the whole time. Here I find myself tuning out the dialogs between Saul and Chuck and that lawyer chick. And whats up with him trying to copy that other lawyer?

But the writer of this last ep is new. Need to toss him in the bushes.
This new writer is golden and they need to keep him or her.
This episode was easily on par with the last one in my mind.
The Chuck scene a are some of the best ones and Micheal McKeans giving a great performance.
Maybe you should stop trying to compare this show to Breaking Bad because if it's showed anything in these five episodes it's that the show isn't trying to he that and clearly has it's own tone that either you adjust to or the shows just not for you.

Last edited:

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
This new writer is golden and they need to keep him or her.
This episode was easily on par with the last one in my mind.
The Chuck scene a are some of the best ones and Micheal McKeans giving a great performance.
Maybe you should stop trying to compare this show to Breaking Bad because if it's showed anything in these five episodes it's that the show isn't trying to he that and clearly has it's own tone that either you adjust to or the shows just not for you.

Dog, YOU brought up BB, not me. I mention two soso episodes after three great ones and you're barking down my throat. Calm down doggy

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I liked the episode. :manny:

It was a little slower paced but we went through this with every "Breaking Bad" season except the final 16.

The same complaints if you watched it in real time as opposed to binge watching it. An episode or two every year would be moving pieces into place for the ensuing fukkery later in the season. To put it into perspective people love season 4 and they had damn near an entire episode about Marie stealing shyt. Nobody remembers that though, they just remember "Crawl Space", Gus and the sniper, the "knocks" speech, the Gus flash back, "Face Off", etc.

Not saying it's not a valid complaint, but this show is structured exactly the same as "BB". They put this episode before the Mike flash back for a reason.

Fred.

Last edited:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Interesting episode. How long before we get a back story on Kim? Can't wait for the Mike episode next week.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Oh, and for the record that is the same retirement home Hector was in:

ct2_zpsz1uxjz8i.png

ct1_zps2xdwvbvm.png

Fred.

Superstar
Daps
i understand the desire to have this show focus on characterization rather than action, but plenty of writers are able to provide insight into a character with an exciting plot. If this show was not associated with Breaking Bad I think the network would have required them to squeeze the few developments in the first 4 episodes into 1.

lastly, i am sure the writers want this show to stand alone on its own. i think they could have done a better job establishing this as its own show then later incorporating the breaking bad drama into it. it seems like there are more breaking bad characters on here than not, so a lot of viewers are justified in expecting breaking bad type drama

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Weren't we ready to crown this show a classic not too long ago? After one weak episode we got people doubting :upsetfavre:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i understand the desire to have this show focus on characterization rather than action, but plenty of writers are able to provide insight into a character with an exciting plot. If this show was not associated with Breaking Bad I think the network would have required them to squeeze the few developments in the first 4 episodes into 1.

lastly, i am sure the writers want this show to stand alone on its own. i think they could have done a better job establishing this as its own show then later incorporating the breaking bad drama into it. it seems like there are more breaking bad characters on here than not, so a lot of viewers are justified in expecting breaking bad type drama

If you didn't watch "BB" in real time, and/or in threads like this I can kinda understand....but this show is structured in the exact same way "BB" was, and people had the same complaints about it. Including "why are they focusing on Chuck (Skyler, Walt Jr., Marie) and not Saul and Mike (Walt and Jesse)?"

Hell, here's a review from 2008 of "Grey Matter", the 5th episode of season 1 of "BB". It was "the weakest episode so far" and "loses the momentum the series had built up":

http://danowen.blogspot.com/2008/10/breaking-bad-15-gray-matter.html

In hindsight this seems insane, due to how important that episode eventually became.

Fred.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I didn't really like the episode at all. The first 30 minutes were straight filler. Just bullshyt "clients" that were marginally funny. This was my least favorite episode so far. Next week should be good though, if it's about Mike :lupe: