The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Show needs to engage in some severe criminal activity soon or it may lose viewers. First 3 eps were great, these last 2 ehh
This episode and the last one were by far the best imo.
And then episode two and after that number one and three.
All in my opinion of course.
I'm glad they don't cater to viewers who only want things like you. Don't know how you could have possibly made it through Breaking Bad.
You're like the people who watch The Wire and complain about it not always focusing on the streets.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
catching the replay. i love that this show is completely different from bb

i think at some points bb forgot it was a comedy

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Show needs to engage in some severe criminal activity soon or it may lose viewers. First 3 eps were great, these last 2 ehh

Doesn't really matter if it loses viewers. The show was picked up for 2 seasons and they sold the global streaming rights to Netflix before a single episode aired. Obviously they want some people to watch it when it airs but they're banking on the binge watching crowd picking it up later.

Fred.

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
First 15 minutes of back to back fukkery:mjlol:
I just realized I can't stand the way that Howard phaggot talks though:scusthov:

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
This episode and the last one were by far the best imo.
And then episode two and after that number one and three.
All in my opinion of course.
I'm glad they don't cater to viewers who only want things like you. Don't know how you could have possibly made it through Breaking Bad.
You're like the people who watch The Wire and complain about it not always focusing on the streets.

:childplease: I'm far from an action junkie like those cats who critique WDs eps, but these first couple of eps are not seeing BB's firsts. I was enthralled from the jump. Blasted through the whole series in a week with no wane of enthusiasm, :lupe: the whole time. Here I find myself tuning out the dialogs between Saul and Chuck and that lawyer chick. And whats up with him trying to copy that other lawyer?

But the writer of this last ep is new. Need to toss him in the bushes.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
:childplease: I'm far from an action junkie like those cats who critique WDs eps, but these first couple of eps are not seeing BB's firsts. I was enthralled from the jump. Blasted through the whole series in a week with no wane of enthusiasm, :lupe: the whole time. Here I find myself tuning out the dialogs between Saul and Chuck and that lawyer chick. And whats up with him trying to copy that other lawyer?

But the writer of this last ep is new. Need to toss him in the bushes.

It's a different show. It's probably not going the be like Breaking Bad, at least not for some time. If you don't like it, stop watching.

This episode was incredible, imo. McKean's performance is on another level here. Perfectly captures the subtle sadness of the entire show to this point.

It's a show that's unafraid to be slow and ponderous. It's unafraid to be quiet.

If you want a show more like Breaking Bad....you should probably just go rewatch Breaking Bad.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
didn't like this ep

felt more bloated than the recent hobbit movies

felt like not enough story to fill an hour.

do i really need 30 min of chucks lame condition?

ima need more fukkery cuz as of now fargo still the recent gold standard for it

Last edited:

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
It's a different show. It's probably not going the be like Breaking Bad, at least not for some time. If you don't like it, stop watching.

This episode was incredible, imo. McKean's performance is on another level here. Perfectly captures the subtle sadness of the entire show to this point.

It's a show that's unafraid to be slow and ponderous. It's unafraid to be quiet.

If you want a show more like Breaking Bad....you should probably just go rewatch Breaking Bad.
:comeon: you trying too hard bro