The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina
In the episode 4 podcase Rhea Seehorn (Kim, the blonde lawyer) said you only see her office for a second this episode, when Hamlin goes to talk to her, but everything on her desk, everything on the walls, Post-Its, etc. all have to do with her character's legal career. She had case files on her desk, etc. All that shyt is actually printed out and realistic looking, and we never even see it. They do it so the actors get into character easier.

Fred.

TO ALL THE OTHER SHOWS OUT THERE

post-28436-Vince-Gilligan-middle-finger-m-tzIV.jpeg

Fred.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ric.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dunno bout this show... most of the big "sells" i called early like that family being close to the house.. i called that, thought they was in the boat but still

then saul setting that sh*t up... so obvious esp when they show you his rolex setups earlier in the eps

nothing groundbreaking here brehs
Who said it has to be groundbreaking can't it be a good well made show?

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
I'm going to blow your minds people. Not a spoiler but I figured out how Gus comes into play here. In BB Saul is terrified when he gets kidnapped by Walt and Jessie when they first meet. He thinks they are Cartel because of a mess up by Ignacio . He says did Lalo send you . Well he never meet Gus Fring but what if Gus was an alias that he used. Think for a second, he thinks he never met Gus but what if he did . Gus is known not to be his real name and what if Nacho is really not afraid of Tuco but Lalo who is really Gus . Gus would have them on payroll by then. I'm calling it Gus is Lalo.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I'm going to blow your minds people. Not a spoiler but I figured out how Gus comes into play here. In BB Saul is terrified when he gets kidnapped by Walt and Jessie when they first meet. He thinks they are Cartel because of a mess up by Ignacio . He says did Lalo send you . Well he never meet Gus Fring but what if Gus was an alias that he used. Think for a second, he thinks he never met Gus but what if he did . Gus is known not to be his real name and what if Nacho is really not afraid of Tuco but Lalo who is really Gus . Gus would have them on payroll by then. I'm calling it Gus is Lalo.
Gus isn't Lalo.
The writers are barely figuring out who Lalo is.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Gus isn't Lalo.
The writers are barely figuring out who Lalo is.
Ahh yes he is, I'm willing to take another ban if I'm wrong. Also Saul taking Hamlin lightly is going to backfire. Hamlin doesn't seem like a pushover if goes that route. I can see him getting real dirty on Saul .

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@Trey0'5Blue2Gz additional info on the color scheme:

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/interviews/a33315/better-call-saul-costume-designer/

On Breaking Bad, color was a really big symbol. Green especially was a bad omen. Are there similar patterns on Better Call Saul?

On Breaking Bad, the colors [showed] the character's journey. What we did on Saul is that the colors put you into your category in life. So good folks, let's say on the legal side of things, have a certain palette, like military colors, navys, and greens, and blues. Guys on the other side of the law, the hustlers and the cons, I had them in reds and oranges, and colors of the New Mexico desert. And so for Saul, since he rides both sides of the fence, I picked brown. Even the Kettlemans, who steal the money, they're in the same [red] color palette, although they are respectable. Even Mike, in the parking booth, I have him in gray.

At first I was :patrice:because the Kettlemans aren't wearing red or orange....but the wife is wearing orange in the scene when Saul confirms they stole the money. :wow:

Fred.

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
@Trey0'5Blue2Gz additional info on the color scheme:

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/interviews/a33315/better-call-saul-costume-designer/

At first I was :patrice:because the Kettlemans aren't wearing red or orange....but the wife is wearing orange in the scene when Saul confirms they stole the money. :wow:

Fred.

:blessed: I swear these guys are not human

Also I'm assuming Mike is in gray because they haven't showed his background

And I kinda had a feeling they were using the red for crime related stuff as soon as I seen Tuco in red and Nacho in blue

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:blessed: I swear these guys are not human

Also I'm assuming Mike is in gray because they haven't showed his background

And I kinda had a feeling they were using the red for crime related stuff as soon as I seen Tuco in red and Nacho in blue

Nacho has been in mostly red too:

red1_zpsifdqyca8.png

red2_zpsiqq0cjjy.png

red3_zpsbhx1eo1z.png

Fred.