The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
@Trey0'5Blue2Gz they do have a new color theme for the show:

Fred.

That's why he picked up the orange shirt and then put it down again. He hasn't gone all the way to the bright side yet :ohhh:

I don't know if I'm ready for the continuous :mindblown: all over again.

That means there's pretty much 4 levels to this show

Surface/face value
Random pop culture easter eggs
Breaking Bad easter eggs
Color schemes.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Definitely my favorite show until GOAT Of Thrones is back

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
i dunno bout this show... most of the big "sells" i called early like that family being close to the house.. i called that, thought they was in the boat but still

then saul setting that sh*t up... so obvious esp when they show you his rolex setups earlier in the eps

nothing groundbreaking here brehs

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Another really subtle easter egg/movie reference.

The fat guy laying on the ground in the flash back....the name on his driver's license is Henry Gondorff:

thesting_zpsftatuonu.png

That's also the name of Paul Newman's character in the classic con-man movie "The Sting":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_sting

Fred.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
R9krwW5.png
There is levels to this con Saul is playing, episode 2 he gets this off a felonious charge. Now instead of paying more money he helps Saul out.

:wow:

Saul's scams are set up so well I forget he's running them. I thought dude strong armed him off the Rollie. He spent over $500 just to be told it's fake when he tries to flip it :mjlol:. The tension involved with Saul climbing and risking his life to save someone made me think he was just seizing the opportunity. He created the opportunity. The scams are so dumb but elaborate. He had to get the suit, hair done, copy the billboard, get the cease & desist, etc. That's some grandmaster level chess moves right there.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
"FRED" GILLIGAWD DOES HIS RESEARCH BREHS :ohhh:

THIS IS WHY MY MAN MAKES THE BEST TV SHOWS OUT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :wow:

Ric.

In the episode 4 podcase Rhea Seehorn (Kim, the blonde lawyer) said you only see her office for a second this episode, when Hamlin goes to talk to her, but everything on her desk, everything on the walls, Post-Its, etc. all have to do with her character's legal career. She had case files on her desk, etc. All that shyt is actually printed out and realistic looking, and we never even see it. They do it so the actors get into character easier.

Fred.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Another really subtle easter egg/movie reference.

The fat guy laying on the ground in the flash back....the name on his driver's license is Henry Gondorff:

thesting_zpsftatuonu.png

That's also the name of Paul Newman's character in the classic con-man movie "The Sting":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_sting

Fred.

Vince gilligan is a nerd.....but he's our nerd

:blessed:

:wow: