The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
God damn, this show is so much fun. People saying that it has to find it's own identity can't say shyt after last night

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Re-watching episode one, Could someone tell me which scene it was when they showed Walters house?

Medulla Oblongata

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Season 4, episode 8 "Hermanos" Hank told Walt the sole reason he suspected Gus Fring is because Walt put it into his mind that Gale wasn't the mastermind. Prior to that dinner scene....the one where Walt was like :sas1:"I bet you Heisenberg is still out there" Hank thought Gale was Heisenberg. Hell, the scene directly after that dinner is Hank re-examining the evidence, which is when he found the Los Pollos napkin, which put him on Gus.

It wasn't like him on his intentionally. And if he put Hank on him, this proves my point below.
That doesn't seem likely. Gale quit cooking for Gus and never got killed. There was no reason to kill Walt until Walt/Jesse gave him one.

Why not? After Gale learned the recipe he had no use of someone like Walt. Plus, in one of the episodes, Gus suggests that he will kill Walt. Why risk your organization for someone like Walt?
Yes, because they had Gale. No Gale = a win for Walt. That lab was going to generate $96 mill in one year....I'm sure Gus would rather not be stuck with Walt, but he damn sure wasn't gonna jeopardize that much money to prove a point.

The sole reason they started trying to turn Jesse is because Walt was acting so erratic. And hell, they didn't even try to turn Jesse. They seen he was spiraling out of control, gave him a sense of self-purpose and Walt's paranoia drove them apart.

Fred.
The fact that Mike was going to kill Walt only proves my point that Gus planned on killing him. As I said, he had no use of Walt and he had no other choice but to have Walt. They knew they could control Jesse, whereas they couldn't control Walt. Walt may have been parnoid, but he obviously had a right to be.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It wasn't like him on his intentionally. And if he put Hank on him, this proves my point below.

That's irrelevant, it was his fault Hank was onto to Gus. Hell, it's even worse that it wasn't intentional because he caused an insane amount of problems just by drunkenly rambling.

Why not? After Gale learned the recipe he had no use of someone like Walt. Plus, in one of the episodes, Gus suggests that he will kill Walt. Why risk your organization for someone like Walt?

If the drive was to get Gale to learn the recipe and kill/replace Walt then Gus wouldn't have let Jesse replace him in the first place. The need to replace Walt came after Walt/Jesse started wilding out....that's when Gus went to Gale's apartment and asked him if he could replace Walt. Prior to that there was no mention of killing Walt....not sure what you're talking about there.

The fact that Mike was going to kill Walt only proves my point that Gus planned on killing him. As I said, he had no use of Walt and he had no other choice but to have Walt. They knew they could control Jesse, whereas they couldn't control Walt. Walt may have been parnoid, but he obviously had a right to be.

Breh, Mike was going to kill Walt because Walt killed the two goons. That is in no way related to them potentially killing Walt anyway.

There was never a scene with Mike/Gus discussing turning Jesse. Mike approached Gus concerned that Jesse was spiraling out of control, and would draw attention to their organization. Gus came up with the plan in "Shotgun", which gave Jesse a sense of self-pupose.

Now, you could argue they did that to lay the foundation for the Walt vs Jesse confrontation....but again, if you look at the season completely neutral, as Gus being :yeshrug: about Walt at that point, because he was stuck with him....Walt was acting like a lunatic and gave them every reason to get rid of him, anyway.

Not saying that interpretation is right, or you're wrong....but it could go either way really.

Fred.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I knew the guy Jimmy scammed looked familiar, his name is Kevin Weisman. He was in the season 7 episode of "X-Files", "Je Souhaite", the first episode Vince Gilligan directed. It was the episode about the genie.

Fred.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
i died when that lawyer chick called jimmy and we heard his fake english voicemail :dead:

jimmy with the fake blonde hair in the billboard :heh:

References to Spartacus and The Thing :obama:

If you wanna hear the voicemail again just call the number on the billboard.

It works. :heh:

505-842-5662