The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Am I the only who :yeshrug: at mikes death ? He had it coming . Man really was shytting on Walt like he was a nonfactor , even after Walt warned him about his pending arrest . Mike and gus were just as bad as Walt if not worse yet mike acted like they were running catholic charities or something compared to Walt . @hexagram23 tell me where I'm wrong at Breh

I didn't have a problem with Walt killing Mike but the way he went about it was :snoop:

If he killed Mike to tie up loose ends or something logical I could understand....or if he felt disrespected, killed him, then had a nonchalant attitude about it....but he killed him and then immediately regretted it, which just proved Mike right. Out of everything Walt did in the series that scene was the first time I felt :scust:towards him, because he was incompetent. Gus worked fast food for years....you think he broke out the box cutter every time a customer spazzed on him? Of course not....Walt gets yelled at once and kills somebody. You can't be the boss like that, unless you're a boss like Tuco, not Gus.

Besides, Mike might've been out of line yelling at Walt....but shyt, he was right.

Gus was making millions off Walt, IMO even after the events of season 3 it's possible he would've let Walt continue to cook until he died of cancer, if he wanted to. Walt made that impossible though, acting like a lunatic the entire season which forced his hand regardless....running up on his house with a gun....asking his goon Mike to kill him....running up in the restaurant trying to kill him....showing up to the restaurant with his DEA brother-in-law bugging his car....Gus didn't even threaten Walt until episode 11, and only because Walt had put Hank on him.

Fred.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Hitman Mike was a legit good dude. he never acted holier than Walt. He aired out his problem with Walt before Walt shot him out of not being able to handle the ETHER. Gus has this multi million dollar operation and Walt came in and fukked it all up. All he had to do was cook once or twice every few months and make millions.Gus was gangster pretending to be normal guy, Walt was a normal guy pretending to be a gangster. Mike hated that. Walt hated that Mike didn't respect him. Mike lost years of work and all of the money he put away for his grand-daughter fukking around with Walt.
Not quite. Mike was a worker , he had neither the vision or skill set to be a leader. He didn't have Walts brains nor his ambition. Walt was a gangster, a latent gangster but was more capable than Gus when he got Todd and Lydia and Declan running the op like a machine. Gus never made the money Walt made in that period of time. Mikes ego was just as bad as Walts , he just couldn't do anything about it. This is the drug business, no friends or loyalty is set in stone. Also you forgetting Jessie pushed Walt on that path. He started skimming product and trying to sling shards and make mad benjies to the rubber band pops . Remember Walt telling Jessie you are a millionaire . If jessie didn't skim and start beef with the guys who killed Combo. No war with Gus, Walt would have cooked and no problems. Blame Jessie. Walt pushed in a corner, you think he going to lie down and take it? Also another Mike wanted to dead Jessie, Walt showed loyalty . Mike did act holy, just because he killed people and ran the security side he thought this made him more than Walt . Remember him saying you get paid a hella lot more than me in the bar? Jealous old Mike.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Not quite. Mike was a worker , he had neither the vision or skill set to be a leader. He didn't have Walts brains nor his ambition. Walt was a gangster, a latent gangster but was more capable than Gus when he got Todd and Lydia and Declan running the op like a machine. Gus never made the money Walt made in that period of time. Mikes ego was just as bad as Walts , he just couldn't do anything about it. This is the drug business, no friends or loyalty is set in stone. Also you forgetting Jessie pushed Walt on that path. He started skimming product and trying to sling shards and make mad benjies to the rubber band pops . Remember Walt telling Jessie you are a millionaire . If jessie didn't skim and start beef with the guys who killed Combo. No war with Gus, Walt would have cooked and no problems. Blame Jessie. Walt pushed in a corner, you think he going to lie down and take it? Also another Mike wanted to dead Jessie, Walt showed loyalty . Mike did act holy, just because he killed people and ran the security side he thought this made him more than Walt . Remember him saying you get paid a hella lot more than me in the bar? Jealous old Mike.
fukk Jesse

Medulla Oblongata

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Plus, Gus couldn't control and manipulate Walt like he could with Jesse. The moment Walt killed those drug dealers, it was the beginning of the end.

Last edited:

Medulla Oblongata

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Gus was making millions off Walt, IMO even after the events of season 3 it's possible he would've let Walt continue to cook until he died of cancer, if he wanted to.
Well, you have the possibility of him planning on killing Walt from the start.

Walt made that impossible though, acting like a lunatic the entire season which forced his hand regardless....running up on his house with a gun....asking his goon Mike to kill him....running up in the restaurant trying to kill him....showing up to the restaurant with his DEA brother-in-law bugging his car....Gus didn't even threaten Walt until episode 11

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Mike have killed Walt in Full Measure?

and only because Walt had put Hank on him.

Fred.

When was this?

:patrice:

Last edited:

Medulla Oblongata

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This picture and camera angle is very intriguing. Looking like Jimmy struggling to step out of his brother's shadow. As if at all times his brother is watching over him.
Hkc3x12.jpg

• Dap
Reactions: hex

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't have a problem with Walt killing Mike but the way he went about it was :snoop:

If he killed Mike to tie up loose ends or something logical I could understand....or if he felt disrespected, killed him, then had a nonchalant attitude about it....but he killed him and then immediately regretted it, which just proved Mike right. Out of everything Walt did in the series that scene was the first time I felt :scust:towards him, because he was incompetent. Gus worked fast food for years....you think he broke out the box cutter every time a customer spazzed on him? Of course not....Walt gets yelled at once and kills somebody. You can't be the boss like that, unless you're a boss like Tuco, not Gus.

Besides, Mike might've been out of line yelling at Walt....but shyt, he was right.

Gus was making millions off Walt, IMO even after the events of season 3 it's possible he would've let Walt continue to cook until he died of cancer, if he wanted to. Walt made that impossible though, acting like a lunatic the entire season which forced his hand regardless....running up on his house with a gun....asking his goon Mike to kill him....running up in the restaurant trying to kill him....showing up to the restaurant with his DEA brother-in-law bugging his car....Gus didn't even threaten Walt until episode 11, and only because Walt had put Hank on him.

Fred.
Ok but once he worked with Walt he should of kept it business and then hed still be alive and still have money for the family . He kept being really disrespectful to Walt who was the boss but still gave mike multiple chances to talk reckless , he didn't even kill mike till he was no longer useful

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus

But Mike was a leader, we forgetting that he was in charge of 9 guys who Walt all got killed in like 5 minutes over hush money? He didn't need Walt's ambition because he was perfectly fine in his role being under the radar and getting paid. I don't know how you can say Walt had his operation running like a machine like Gus didn't have the greatest operation of all time which was the blueprints for Walt's operation. Walt had to rob a train to get the stuff to make meth and got a kid clapped in the process, the same stuff that Gus had being delivered to him no questions asked. Walt's operation was nowhere as smooth as Gus' operation. Mike and Walt both manipulated Jesse but only did it not for personal gain. Mike wasn't jealous of Walt, he knew Walt was a ticking time bomb that would ruin everything and he did.

Francis White

Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Well, you have the possibility of him planning on killing Walt from the start.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Mike have killed Walt in Full Measure?

When was this?

:patrice:
Thank you , Walt never purposely put Hank on Gus, matter of fact he tried everything to steer him away. You right also about Mike was going to murk him and Jessie in full measure. Walt was supposed to just forget and forgive that? Gus saw Walt as an equal. He respected that Walt figured out his whole operation and plan by putting the cousins on Hank, giving him the heads up for a public shootout that turned the Dea and Mexican police on the cartels. Walt said he would have done the same thing and that he respected the strategy. Mike wouldn't have thought of a plan like that.

Francis White

Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
But Mike was a leader, we forgetting that he was in charge of 9 guys who Walt all got killed in like 5 minutes over hush money? He didn't need Walt's ambition because he was perfectly fine in his role being under the radar and getting paid. I don't know how you can say Walt had his operation running like a machine like Gus didn't have the greatest operation of all time which was the blueprints for Walt's operation. Walt had to rob a train to get the stuff to make meth and got a kid clapped in the process, the same stuff that Gus had being delivered to him no questions asked. Walt's operation was nowhere as smooth as Gus' operation. Mike and Walt both manipulated Jesse but only did it not for personal gain. Mike wasn't jealous of Walt, he knew Walt was a ticking time bomb that would ruin everything and he did.
Walt was so under the radar he cooked right in town. He had international connects with less moving parts than Gus and made more money. He had Lydia give him a huge shipment of meth, no delivery to Chou then to a laundry, all those people took hush money cuts. Drew Sharp got killed by a psycho Todd. Who if you paid attention was vetted by Mike. The same Mike who said Todd was flexing about his uncle jail connection. For such a pro too miss that was inexcusable. The 9 guys were liability as soon they went in. This is the drug business sooner or later with or without hazard pay somebody would talk. They had to go.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
Walt was so under the radar he cooked right in town. He had international connects with less moving parts than Gus and made more money. He had Lydia give him a huge shipment of meth, no delivery to Chou then to a laundry, all those people took hush money cuts. Drew Sharp got killed by a psycho Todd. Who if you paid attention was vetted by Mike. The same Mike who said Todd was flexing about his uncle jail connection. For such a pro too miss that was inexcusable. The 9 guys were liability as soon they went in. This is the drug business sooner or later with or without hazard pay somebody would talk. They had to go.

Walt cooked in town? That wasn't smart. Only took one person to ask why a millionaire car wash owner was going into fumigated houses. Gus had a way better operation than Walt and speaking of connects, where do you think Walt got all his? Nobody knew who the fukk Walt was but they knew and respected Mike. You got it wrong Mike didn't miss what Todd was doing, he knew they had to deal with it because of the uncle jail connection. The 9 guys wouldn't have gone in if Walt had just decided to fukk up everything for the sake of ego. Same way Mike would still be alive if it wasn't for Walts ego.

Francis White

Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Walt cooked in town? That wasn't smart. Only took one person to ask why a millionaire car wash owner was going into fumigated houses. Gus had a way better operation than Walt and speaking of connects, where do you think Walt got all his? Nobody knew who the fukk Walt was but they knew and respected Mike. You got it wrong Mike didn't miss what Todd was doing, he knew they had to deal with it because of the uncle jail connection. The 9 guys wouldn't have gone in if Walt had just decided to fukk up everything for the sake of ego. Same way Mike would still be alive if it wasn't for Walts ego.
It wasn't smart? How would and why would someone go into a strangers house while it was being fumigated? Gus had a laundry right in town, all it took was for someone to drive up and look around right ? FOH , beside Hank and Marie who else knew Walt owned a care wash or was wealthy? I will wait because nobody did. He bought out an existing car wash , nobody knew who Walt was which is what bugged him. Better run operations? Not even close and I would be wasting my time pointing out why. Gus had trucks being hijacked and being a well known member of the community who was far more known than Walt. Again Jessie put in motion the end of the partnership not Walt. Ego? Gus underestimated Walt after threatening his family and yet you think he was going to fall inline ? Gus suffered from hubris. Same as Mike, don't push a man into a situation where that man is a genius and will pick up and think to overthrow you . Mike was second in command so they respected Gus more. His orders went through him to Mike so he carried them out. That's it. I know you a fan of Mike and Gus but re watch the show and you will see they were just as vain as Walt.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
It wasn't smart? How would and why would someone go into a strangers house while it was being fumigated? Gus had a laundry right in town, all it took was for someone to drive up and look around right ? FOH , beside Hank and Marie who else knew Walt owned a care wash or was wealthy? I will wait because nobody did. He bought out an existing car wash , nobody knew who Walt was which is what bugged him. Better run operations? Not even close and I would be wasting my time pointing out why. Gus had trucks being hijacked and being a well known member of the community who was far more known than Walt. Again Jessie put in motion the end of the partnership not Walt. Ego? Gus underestimated Walt after threatening his family and yet you think he was going to fall inline ? Gus suffered from hubris. Same as Mike, don't push a man into a situation where that man is a genius and will pick up and think to overthrow you . Mike was second in command so they respected Gus more. His orders went through him to Mike so he carried them out. That's it. I know you a fan of Mike and Gus but re watch the show and you will see they were just as vain as Walt.

It wasnt smart. The fumigation crew was doing petty dirt before the meth cooking came. They couldve had heat on them from that. No one suspected Gus of anything, thats why he walked in the police station with buckets of chicken chilling. Gus had a laundry with a secret basement underneath a giant washing machine surrounded by 50 other washing machines with multiple drums of chemicals coming in and out on a daily basis. Thats smart. If you don't think that Gus had a better operation than Walt then there isn't anything i can really tell you plus you said it yourself "nobody knew who Walt was which is what bugged him" Yeah cause thats exactly how a drug kingpin should act :heh: Walts operation doesnt exist without Mike. If Mike walked away from that meeting, Walts operation is badger and skinny pete.