The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
It wasnt smart. The fumigation crew was doing petty dirt before the meth cooking came. They couldve had heat on them from that. No one suspected Gus of anything, thats why he walked in the police station with buckets of chicken chilling. Gus had a laundry with a secret basement underneath a giant washing machine surrounded by 50 other washing machines with multiple drums of chemicals coming in and out on a daily basis. Thats smart. If you don't think that Gus had a better operation than Walt then there isn't anything i can really tell you plus you said it yourself "nobody knew who Walt was which is what bugged him" Yeah cause thats exactly how a drug kingpin should act :heh: Walts operation doesnt exist without Mike. If Mike walked away from that meeting, Walts operation is badger and skinny pete.
I remember him walking into a hospital. The cartel knew who Gus was and tried to expose him by shooting his trucks up and his drivers. Sooner or later someone would have figured out why they shooting up chicken delivery men. This is like that wire thread where someone kept saying Bodie was Stringers number 2 . Peter Schuler and Lydia were more important. Mike was Slim Charles.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
When was this?

:patrice:

Season 4, episode 8 "Hermanos" Hank told Walt the sole reason he suspected Gus Fring is because Walt put it into his mind that Gale wasn't the mastermind. Prior to that dinner scene....the one where Walt was like :sas1:"I bet you Heisenberg is still out there" Hank thought Gale was Heisenberg. Hell, the scene directly after that dinner is Hank re-examining the evidence, which is when he found the Los Pollos napkin, which put him on Gus.

Well, you have the possibility of him planning on killing Walt from the start.

That doesn't seem likely. Gale quit cooking for Gus and never got killed. There was no reason to kill Walt until Walt/Jesse gave him one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Mike have killed Walt in Full Measure?

Yes, because they had Gale. No Gale = a win for Walt. That lab was going to generate $96 mill in one year....I'm sure Gus would rather not be stuck with Walt, but he damn sure wasn't gonna jeopardize that much money to prove a point.

The sole reason they started trying to turn Jesse is because Walt was acting so erratic. And hell, they didn't even try to turn Jesse. They seen he was spiraling out of control, gave him a sense of self-purpose and Walt's paranoia drove them apart.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I always wondered if Walt planned on killing Mike.

Nah....remember the main point of "Fly"? How Walt was dancing around admitting he watched Jane die, because he felt bad about it....the first scene of "Gliding Over All" was Walt staring at another fly.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Ok but once he worked with Walt he should of kept it business and then hed still be alive and still have money for the family . He kept being really disrespectful to Walt who was the boss but still gave mike multiple chances to talk reckless , he didn't even kill mike till he was no longer useful

Mike was an OG, he had no reason to respect Walt.

Regardless, I don't disagree with anything you're saying....but Walt didn't even feel comfortable killing Mike, which is why I had a problem with it. He let his emotions cloud his judgement.

Fred.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Walt had at best 18 months to live so how could run a crime ring for that long. If Walt hadn't had cancer like Gus himself said he would make those early mistakes and learn from them. Walt with 20 years on him would be El chapo and Pablo combined.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Julie-Ann-Emery-Fargo.jpg

Mrs. Kettleman :takedat:

She was in Fargo (the TV series), which Bob Odenkirk was also apart of.