The Official "Bel-Air" Thread (Season 2 Is Now Airing)

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I was also a little confused by Hilary’s last scene. Were they trying to telegraph that Hilary, in a bid to stay relevant and keep going “viral” is going to be under pressure to utilize her sexuality instead of her cooking skills? If thats so its an interesting storyline for the character that could lead into a commentary about the current Instathot/Only Fans era we’re currently in.

She had less than an hour to come up with an idea to get some views. She turned to sexing up her channel. Unfortunately that is the path many young women go.. hopefully they will dive more into that and the ramifications but i won't hold my breath because these weirdo cancel people will start saying "slut shaming"

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
The problem with the Carlton casting is he doesn’t look like an African American (spare me any semantics when you know that I’m referring to descendants of slaves in America). Carlton looks like the 1st Gen Nigerian American that he is. I’m sure non Black viewers don’t even notice but it’s immediately apparent to me as an African American.

Carlton doesn't look "regular black", but that is possibly the intent of the casting considering his characters' personality is not a "regular black" teen.

He's "different", so perhaps that's why the different look

Daps
Carlton doesn't look "regular black", but that is possibly the intent of the casting considering his characters' personality is not a "regular black" teen.

He's "different", so perhaps that's why the different look
He’s “different” in the sense that he’s preppy. Him looking African doesn’t make him look more or less preppy.