The Official "Bel-Air" Thread (Season 2 Is Now Airing)

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
CARLTON LOOKS GROWN
BUT HES A GOOD ACTOR
SO IT NEVER BOTHERED ME.

WILL LOOKS LIKE A BABY
:devil:
:evil:

Carlton definitely bothers me more than Will but they’re both really good actors. Will looks around the same age as my baby brother (21) so it’s still hard for me to believe he’s 16 in the show.

The only one that doesn’t bother me is Hilary because she can pass for a 21/22 year old even though I’m pretty sure she’s a few years older than that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I kinda miss the original dynamic between Ashley and Will. Ashley really looked up to him when he first came, but it doesn’t seem like they have much of a relationship in this show at all. It seems like Hillary and Will are closer which is funny because tehy didnt have any storylines together in the original.

Very good show and it’s been the biggest surprise to me this year so far cause i really did not see myself liking it this much.

Def expect to see Carlton commit that

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The woman is drop dead gorgeous

she's pretty but they did a good job with the personality + her style. Breath of fresh air from how women that age are typically portrayed nowadays (plus in the real world where even rich chicks be on the super ratchet ish)

Daps
CARLTON IS NIGERIAN

:devil:
:evil:

He was born in Atlanta and grew up in Houston. :ld:

The problem with the Carlton casting is he doesn’t look like an African American (spare me any semantics when you know that I’m referring to descendants of slaves in America). Carlton looks like the 1st Gen Nigerian American that he is. I’m sure non Black viewers don’t even notice but it’s immediately apparent to me as an African American.

Breh is doing a really good job playing the role, tho. It’s just that sometimes that suspension of disbelief is paused when his Nigerian features are sticking out. It’s the same idea as when an actor can’t quite capture the accent of the region he’s supposed to be playing. And this ain’t on some diaspora war BS. There’s nothing wrong with African Americans pointing this out when it sticks out to us. My Haitian boy just text me all excited cuz they used a real Haitian woman to play the voodoo woman in the last episode of Snowfall…he always be complaining about how obvious it is when non-Haitians get cast to play Haitians cuz it understandably sticks out to him.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The problem with the Carlton casting is he doesn’t look like an African American (spare me any semantics when you know that I’m referring to descendants of slaves in America). Carlton looks like the 1st Gen Nigerian American that he is. I’m sure non Black viewers don’t even notice but it’s immediately apparent to me as an African American.

Breh is doing a really good job playing the role, tho. It’s just that sometimes that suspension of disbelief is paused when his Nigerian features are sticking out. It’s the same idea as when an actor can’t quite capture the accent of the region he’s supposed to be playing. And this ain’t on some diaspora war BS. There’s nothing wrong with African Americans pointing this out when it sticks out to us. My Haitian boy just text me all excited cuz they used a real Haitian woman to play the voodoo woman in the last episode of Snowfall…he always be complaining about how obvious it is when non-Haitians get cast to play Haitians cuz it understandably sticks out to him.
I’m not disagreeing with that, but Alfonso Ribero is Trinidadian-American.

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
Just binged all the episodes as I had to catch up:

*Hilary Banks is :ohlawd: Good lord she got a fatty.

* I really like the direction the show went. We didn't need a 1:1 remake of the original. I really think the casting was well done also. They turn Geoffrey into a Pennyworth with the spy skills. I think it's dope.

*Some of the storylines are pretty good - Will vs Trey, Will vs Carlton, etc.

*Ealy always on some fukkboi shyt :mjlol:

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Still fukkin with the show. It's really good

Ealy back on demon time lol

Aunt viv looks great BTW and loving the read she had on step mom. Wonder if that info on him fukkin with step mom before his wife died plays a role in the election campaign

Jeffery going to drop somebody before the season out lol

Dude playing the Carlton role is flat out killing it.

Will and Lisa going to send Carlton over the edge.

Hey Hillary :shaq:

Cheese McNair

Bought it this morning, drive it like I stole it
Daps
I kinda miss the original dynamic between Ashley and Will. Ashley really looked up to him when he first came, but it doesn’t seem like they have much of a relationship in this show at all. It seems like Hillary and Will are closer which is funny because tehy didnt have any storylines together in the original.

Very good show and it’s been the biggest surprise to me this year so far cause i really did not see myself liking it this much.

Def expect to see Carlton commit that

Didn’t Hilary get Will a job at her talk show in the OG?