The Official "Bel-Air" Thread (Season 2 Is Now Airing)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The ONLY issue I have right now is they are portraying Geoffrey as the omnipresent 007 “Fixer” for the family, which I DO like, but he’s up on everything EXCEPT for Carlton’s drug use?? That kind of rings false to me and it seems like Carlton is heading for a rock bottom crash that someone like Geoffrey would have sensed by now.

I was also a little confused by Hilary’s last scene. Were they trying to telegraph that Hilary, in a bid to stay relevant and keep going “viral” is going to be under pressure to utilize her sexuality instead of her cooking skills? If thats so its an interesting storyline for the character that could lead into a commentary about the current Instathot/Only Fans era we’re currently in.

Overall another REALLY good episode. Will and Lisa getting together officially feels a little “early” in the series for me but it will probably serve as another source of simmering animosity between Will and Carlton (which frankly i’m beggining to get a LITTLE tired of)

Fred’s c00ning ass gotta catch the hands from Phil before the season is over. Just an overall embarrassment of a black man.

And as for Reid…well Geoffrey’s on it:demonic:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A small detail i thought was a reach was Will being an Iverson stan and having an AI jersey over kobe?

Will is around 16, meaning he wouldn't remember Iverson playing in Philly. Meanwhile kobe is actually from there.

Idk im not from Philly but do young guys still stan Iverson there?

Yes. Thats kinda like asking if young ATL dudes still like Vick.

AI will always be synonymous with Philly.

AI is kinda like rocky for brehs, he embodies Philly so he will always get love even from the young buls. It was a period when Kobe wasn’t as popular because even though he is from Philly(lower Marion) he ain’t really embody it throughout his career. But I feel like that shifted in the few years before his passing(rip). So it honestly could go either way and be believable.

No different than Michael Jordan and Isiah Thomas.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IF YOU CALL HIM AN
AFRICAN
AMERICAN
HE WILL CORRECT YOU

AND TELL YOU HES NIGERIAN.

YOU fakkit ASS nikkaS
LOVE FRONTING ON THE INTERNET.

YOU CANT RUN GAME ON ME.

YOU KNEW EXACTLY WHAT
THAT POSTER WAS SAYING
AND YOU ALSO KNOW
HOW YALL DESCRIBE YALLSELVES.
:devil:
:evil:

People like being pedantic on here.

I would call him a first generation American or Nigerian-American...and yea, most ADOS Blacks gonna consider him Nigerian if they met him and his parents IRL. Likewise, I'm sure if a Black American family moved to Jamaica or some country like that and had kids, no real Jamaican would consider that family Jamaican.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Not that one either, but both Mike Jones' played for the ST LOUIS RAMS at different points.

This one - The Dad
OIP.YUBw7wGHfgo8ZojeIJzvTgHaFj

The Tackle
56b3c65b7abf6.image.jpg
Thanks!

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Really good episode. I like how they’ve shown that despite their differences, Will ultimately still will look out for Carlton but I’m not gonna lie, despite Carlton being a prolific hater and dikkhead, the way Will’s slid up on Lisa is a bit mad :patrice:

These characters being 16-18 is bothering me though because the actors all look like they should/could be in college. I’m trying to suspend belief but it’s hard to ignore.

Also, can we stick to the new policy and keep that shyt out of these threads, please. Some of us just wanna debate the show :camby:

RasNas

Pro
Daps
Show is legit.

Think they going slowly change Carlton from a character you hate to one you root for….

That's exactly what's happening. It's a bit similar to the original in a way. Altough this Carlton is obviously way worse from the start.

Overall I like the show it's more serious and not funny like the original but it's a good drama. Better than most shows out right now so I'll keep watching.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Subplots I like starting with the most favorite:

the Will and Carlton tension. Now since Will has eased up on Carlton and has Lisa all to himself, how long will he keep the secret? I am warming up to his character but that’s just incredible acting. I still don’t see him being a charismatic character at Bel Air High in real life but that’s just me.

Geoffery’s background and reach: probably the character that received the largest revamp. As other people said he’s more Alfred Pennyworth with underground connections. Other then house manager he’s seems like he’s in charge of the security and the personal well being of the Banks family. He also’s Phillip’s Chief of Staff. A far cry from the mere butler of the old show. I’d like to see more of his background background.

Phillip’s campaign: Phillip wants to be a man of the community and shut out doubts that’s hes too aloof and forgot about his brothers who aren’t as rich/wealthy as him. (I see it more as jealously that they aren’t as wealthy as him, but I digress). He’s also more multifaceted then on the original show. However he’s now alienating the police and now has tensions with Lisa’s dad and that congressman. It’s obviously that Lisa’s dad is a sellout and will probably expose what Phillip did to keep Will out of jail. I see him pulling strings will come back and haunt him.

Aunt Viv’s relation to Ealy: as I said before whatever happened in the past stays in the past. I think she’s too smart to have an affair especially since her husband will be a public figure and thus everything will be in the spotlight. I see this subplot being stolen from House of Cards, as the boyfriend was also an artist and the wife felt alive when she was with him. I hope they don’t take it all the way with Viv actually sleeping with him because that will lead to blackmail like in House of Cards and Geoffrey would have to take care of him.

I’m not concerned with Hillary’s story probably the least intriguing but I do wonder if Ashley will come out to her friend and how would she take it. It could get real ugly or not. It could go either way.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Show is legit.

Think they going slowly change Carlton from a character you hate to one you root for….

Most definitely - They're going to get to the dramatic version of the Will and Carlton chemistry from the OG show eventually :obama:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
That's exactly what's happening. It's a bit similar to the original in a way. Altough this Carlton is obviously way worse from the start.

Overall I like the show it's more serious and not funny like the original but it's a good drama. Better than most shows out right now so I'll keep watching.
Yeah i think folks forget season 1 carlton was unlikeable

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
3 minutes in and Will crying already. Smh. Every episode.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Really good episode. I like how they’ve shown that despite their differences, Will ultimately still will look out for Carlton but I’m not gonna lie, despite Carlton being a prolific hater and dikkhead, the way Will’s slid up on Lisa is a bit mad :patrice:

These characters being 16-18 is bothering me though because the actors all look like they should/could be in college. I’m trying to suspend belief but it’s hard to ignore.

Also, can we stick to the new policy and keep that shyt out of these threads, please. Some of us just wanna debate the show :camby:

:gucci:THE OG WILL & CARLTON
WERE GROWN ASS HELL
PLAYING HIGHSCHOOLERS TOO.

ARE YOU TELLING ME
THEY LOOKED LIKE KIDS?

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
:gucci:THE OG WILL & CARLTON
WERE GROWN ASS HELL
PLAYING HIGHSCHOOLERS TOO.

ARE YOU TELLING ME
THEY LOOKED LIKE KIDS?

Of course they didn’t but I was a child when the show originally came out so I wasn’t old enough to notice or care about it. Are you saying it’s not noticeable bad how much older than 16 Will and Carlton look in this series? :usure:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Of course they didn’t but I was a child when the show originally came out so I wasn’t old enough to notice or care about it. Are you saying it’s not noticeable bad how much older than 16 Will and Carlton look in this series? :usure:
CARLTON LOOKS GROWN
BUT HES A GOOD ACTOR
SO IT NEVER BOTHERED ME.

WILL LOOKS LIKE A BABY