The Official "Bel-Air" Thread (Season 2 Is Now Airing)

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm three episodes behind, and I'm struggling with it a bit.

Part of it for me is that I'm generally disinterested in high school dramas, and that's been a significant portion of this.

The other part is that the even if I try to disconnect this from the original series, the characters are a little off. For example, I'm not sure where they want to go with Carlton. He's obviously in the slot of early show antagonist that later on begrudgingly respects and befriends the main character. But usually, that character is supposed to be charismatic, or at least show signs early on that maybe their issue with the main character is something that could be overcome with a rational conversation or something. But in this case, he's just flat out unlikable, and family or not, I'm not sure how someone could be cool after that pool situation. At worst, you tried to kill your cousin. At best, you didn't mean to potentially kill him, but it seems like you were cool with watching him die.

Either way, that's "I only see that nikka across the room at family reunions, and it's best we keep it that way" status.

Daps
He’s a coked up adolescence with anxiety issues. His “thug” cousin came from philly and immediately stole his crush, brought life back into his dads campaign, and now the whole fam is showing favoritism for. Carlton is a spoiled brat who has never had to share anything in his life.

I don’t see why he has to be likeable, he’s a silver spoon whitewashed kid from Beverly Hills.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He’s a coked up adolescence with anxiety issues. His “thug” cousin came from philly and immediately stole his crush, brought life back into his dads campaign, and now the whole fam is showing favoritism for. Carlton is a spoiled brat who has never had to share anything in his life.

I don’t see why he has to be likeable, he’s a silver spoon whitewashed kid from Beverly Hills.

I'm not saying he has to like Will, or even that he needs to be like Carlton from the original where he's issues with Will were insecure posturing played for laughs.

But just going along with how basic show writing works, at some point, the audience is going to be asked to buy into him as a sympathetic character, of someone that Will and the audience is cool with.

It's hard to ask that if the audience when you had him almost kill the main character in the second episode and not even be a bit remorseful about it.

But in fairness, this doesn't really matter, because it's plain as day that they'll just write it off as a change in character once Carlton stops snorting xanny bars. :yeshrug:

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
I'm not saying he has to like Will, or even that he needs to be like Carlton from the original where he's issues with Will were insecure posturing played for laughs.

But just going along with how basic show writing works, at some point, the audience is going to be asked to buy into him as a sympathetic character, of someone that Will and the audience is cool with.

It's hard to ask that if the audience when you had him almost kill the main character in the second episode and not even be a bit remorseful about it.

But in fairness, this doesn't really matter, because it's plain as day that they'll just write it off as a change in character once Carlton stops snorting xanny bars. :yeshrug:

He is going to OD, Will is going to save him and the rest writes itself :manny:

JA_Carter

Superstar
Daps
Avoided this show all this time because I thought it would be a corny reboot that couldn’t do the GOAT show justice but two episodes in and this is fire :ehh: all the women are fine as hell :whoo:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Damn they gonna make Ashley’s character the Letters representative lol

Edit: wrote that before she came out lol

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They overdid that shyt. Making it seem like they were at a Drake concert. D Smoke don't have no stans like that. Especially nikkas from Philly.
They got dude headlining shows at Staples.:russ:

I'm only into the first episode, but do they explain how uncle Phil got his money at some point?

They are so obscenely wealthy it's distracting :mjlol:

I just can't get over why someone with that level of money requires donors, nor why he would even run for DA. I'm sure there are easier routes if you want to give back. But then again, the kids are all so well adjusted to the wealth and lifestyle so that clearly didn't come into it overnight. It might be fire if the Banks have multigenerational type wealth :ehh:
He's a partner at a law firm that winning big ass lawsuits against big companies.

Most politicians, even if crazy rich, don't want to spend their own money to run a campaign.

Ashley is too young (and too light).

I think they said the Ashley in this version is 12, which puts her about the same age as the OG Ashley

latest

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They got dude headlining shows at Staples.:russ:

He's a partner at a law firm that winning big ass lawsuits against big companies.

Most politicians, even if crazy rich, don't want to spend their own money to run a campaign.

I think they said the Ashley in this version is 12, which puts her about the same age as the OG Ashley

latest

In this universe, D Smoke is that nikka :yeshrug: It's not real. Just like in this universe, I was supposed to know the rapper was that made a cameo in the record shop. Who the fukk was that? He a real rapper?

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV

Because the old show had some nuance and levity to will and carlton
They both had their negative and positive traits
Right now the show is leaning heavily on making carlton a mess of a character
Its almost mean spirited