The Official "Bel-Air" Thread (Season 2 Is Now Airing)

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Only on ep2, but yeah this show is fire. Hits all the right points. Hopefully Will continues putting out products of this caliber.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
Sight dem from early...badman tings :ehh:
out to Catalina with the bird from yoga on mans day off :obama:
agenda hints :rudy:
frat/soror song and dance ads :rudy:
Hilary in these damn outfits :whew:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't misconstrue what I'm saying. I didn't say it's not happening. I said it's not supposed to be happening. As adults we should responsible in making sure we contribute to environments that promotes abstinence and responsibility among young kids that age. Not promoting the actions and as I'm sure the show will do, encouraging it and normalizing that behavior among young kids. Most parents will not sit around their 12 year Olds talking about sex nor entertain oversexualized content around their 12 year Olds. So as a society it's up to us to put the breaks on it. Hell it's 12 and 13 year Olds who smoke cigarettes and snort lines. Should we be then promoting that as normal behavior simply because it happens? No. This is television and it has to be some sense of responsibility in TV and movie.

If age is the issue than where was the outrage over this?:

We saw Bud and Rudy liking each other on The Cosby Show at like 10 and I'm pretty sure most sitcoms with boys and girls had some sort of crush between the characters. It's handled innocently and not overtly sexual so it was never a problem.

What exactly on these shows is over sexualized? Ashley literally smiled and said hi to another girl. Nothing sexual happened they only hinted at her having a crush yet some of y'all are losing your minds.

If you weren't thinking about girls at that age than you were a late bloomer.

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
Info

Michael Ealy To Appear In 'Bel-Air': Watch His First Scene With Viv [Exclusive] - Shadow and Act

1645670707934.jpeg

Bel-Air and will begin appearing this week, Shadow and Act can exclusively reveal.

He will be recurring in episodes of Peacock's dramatic reimagining of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air as Reid Broderick, "a gallery owner who makes a name for himself rediscovering artists and begins working with Vivian Banks."

The official description of the series reads: Set in modern-day America, Bel-Air is a serialized one-hour dramatic analogue of the 90’s sitcom “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” that leans into the original premise: Will’s complicated journey from the streets of West Philadelphia to the gated mansions of Bel-Air. With a reimagined vision, Bel-Air will dive deeper into the inherent conflicts, emotions and biases that were impossible to fully explore in a 30-minute sitcom format, while still delivering swagger and nods to the original show.

The series is out of Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith’s Westbrook Studios and Universal Television. It is based on the viral concept trailer from Morgan Cooper released in 2019. Peacock won a buzzy bidding war for the series after Smith contacted Cooper and wanted to develop the project. The NBCUniversal streamer already has a two-season order for the series.

The co-showrunners are T.J. Brady and Rasheed Newson. Cooper is directing and is the co-writer and executive producer. Exec producers are Will Smith, Terence Carter, James Lassiter, Miguel Melendez, Malcolm Spellman, Quincy Jones, Benny Medina, and Andy & Susan Borowitz

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn’t know what to expect initially, but interesting series, so far, so good :leon:. Like how some characters are rebranded but still have some of the core components from their original counterparts.

I haven’t seen anyone mentioning Aunt Viv’s soror/friend stirring the pot some by adding additional friction between Viv and Unc Phil. She seems like the type with no man and is all up in Viv’s business. Maybe I’m reading too much in to it, and she is just being a very pushy friend. But, I don’t know, the exchange between her and Unc feels like some I don’t rock with you but getting along to appease Viv type of vibe.

Now with the Michael Ealy addition, I expect him to get in his Joe dirty macking bag :mjgrin:

Last edited: