The Official "Bel-Air" Thread (Season 2 Is Now Airing)

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
For all the talk about Viv, Phil, and Vy keeping Lou a secret, you know what would’ve made it difficult to do that?

If Lou actually attempted to reach out to Will. They weren’t hiding in Philly. Will was known, dude was getting scouted by D1 schools. Lou could’ve easily shown up at a game and attempted to show effort.
THATS 10 YRS AFTER THE FACT.

LOU ALREADY SAID HE WANTED
TO GET BACK ON HIS FEET 1ST.
:devil:
:evil:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Marlon Wayans is such a good actor that it frustrates me that he prefers to do those comedy films.

The way all of these adults have handled the Lou situation is ass backwards. Speaking for myself, I could rationalise my dad being in prison a lot easier than rationalising the idea of being abandoned. Letting a child grow up thinking he was abandoned is a terrible decision.

Lou saying he wanted to get himself together before reaching out to his son is also ass backwards. No one's expecting an ex-convict to immediately hit the ground running but just letting your son know you're alive and that you want to have a relationship does wonders.

I know these shows write the teens to be defiant at times but the adults bring it on themselves and I do find it weird that a lot of viewers just zero in on the "disrespectful" kids.

Looking forward to season 2 since there are so many ways they could take it. Hopefully, the writing stays tight and it doesn't lean all the way into Teen Drama territory. Side note, Viv is disrespectful as hell.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lou saying he wanted to get himself together before reaching out to his son is also ass backwards. No one's expecting an ex-convict to immediately hit the ground running but just letting your son know you're alive and that you want to have a relationship does wonders.
Yup.

He was convicted for a violent crime and I think they said he was a high school dropout.

He's going to have a rough time. What happens if he doesn't get himself right after 5 years, 7 years?

Was he just never going to reach out to Will?

• Dap
Reactions: EA

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Yup.

He was convicted for a violent crime and I think they said he was a high school dropout.

He's going to have a rough time. What happens if he doesn't get himself right after 5 years, 7 years?

Was he just never going to reach out to Will?

He pretty much confirmed that when he went silent after Will asked him if he ever was going to reach out without being prompted.

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
Just watched the final episode. That shyt hit home, so many similarities between my situation and will and Lou’s

it’s a always dope to see marlon take a serious role. Crazy how much range he has.

overall I don’t think I’ve ever been more wrong about a show. I just knew it was gonna be trash and this was a solid high 7-8 with potential.

i just hope they don’t fukk it up with cliches or woke shyt moving forward.