Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Not sure RBE can stay relevant without developing new talent. This is not a new problem, but I think it is at the tipping point. It seems like it is getting more difficult for them to book big battles.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
the de-facto response for what i think should happen on mentioning family is what happened between Rum/Twork

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
I know I’m probably in the minority, but I don’t really like family angles. I didn’t really like Ms Fit 3rd rd against Phara, or Ars 1st rd against T Top.

Fit’s 3rd hit hard to me but I can understand family angles not being someone’s thing. nikkas go from being gangstas to having a PTA meeting in their battles sometimes. Which is annoying.

Nah, I feel that way too but fans love mix up until violence gets involved then it's "it's just battle rap" No, keep my family out your raps.

Certain angles aren’t meant to be put out there like that. Like on-going crime shyt or something unresolved within family. Quban dipping like he did, I don’t blame him. He could have sat there and took it but whether he is with her or not, he will have to deal with her regardless.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It looks like ARP is trying to push Raw to take that next leap. I don’t think Calicoe is a feasible battle for Rosenberg Raw. If you’re trying to put him in there with top tiers, you gotta put him in there with guys like Clips & Arsonal. They arent picky and will battle anybody.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I booked a battle on some small league and dude tried to footage of a loved one or similar antic I'd probably do the same. People would love to claim "anything goes" but that's not real life. You're not pulling out your phone to show anyone anything if we're at the same barbershop. I don't have to be a good sport for your antics, it's supposed to be a "RAP" battle.

Last edited: