Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
I’m not convinced. Lil Flip is ice cold in 2022. Slim Thug, Z-Ro, Trae, etc still get major views and are very active. Lil Flip? Nah i dont see it.

He has several videos with Reed and i bet no one here even knows about them.

You missed my point. Being “ice cold” in the mainstream doesn’t mean broke…especially in a state like Texas. From all of his interviews, it sounds like Flip was wise with his money and is still holding.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You missed my point. Being “ice cold” in the mainstream doesn’t mean broke…especially in a state like Texas. From all of his interviews, it sounds like Flip was wise with his money and is still holding.

Yes i live in TX. I’m aware nygga. He’s ice cold even at the local level. I GET all of what you're trying to convey. I remember his PRIME and hearing his music blasting everywhere.

I never said he was broke. Where did I say that?

I have no idea how he handles his finances. I just don't know how he benefits them in 2022.

Last edited:

TheObserver

Is In a Race against Time.
Daps
Reppin
The South
Snake looking crazy..
Physically beat and belt stripped from stumbles crew..
Lost to Twork.. Now this with Cortez..
And if he put thr belt up against Roc.. he gone lose.

He will be on Straight to It Vol.4 vs. Moon soon..

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
SO wait....Snake took the belt back? Or MM took the belt back? Wtf? Damn, Cortez just keeps going thru it and it feel like everyone just is ok with him getting screwed over. That's trash.

I dunno about Lil Flip signing folks. It's a cool look but I haven't seen anything about Lil Flip for real nowadays unless it's something about him supporting battle rap. More than likely still has some strong ties to the industry but I'm not sure what artists can do from this signing except for getting those connects. Congrats to Eazy tho.

That pocket check was weird.

I'm a fan of Brizz's music and I hope he continues to keep making joints. If he gets to comeback and settle that shyt with Mook in battle rap, cool. If not, back to the music. I feel like I hope they finally get it out the way because the back and forth is whatever now. And talking about it for this long gets boring to me, imo.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

kill the pocket check unless you against shotgun suge or you are shotgun suge

This exactly why alot of new dudes don't get looks now, aint no vets gonna respect that or wanna battle you, does Shotgun even know who this guy is? what a lazy rapper tryna bite a known vets slogan before he even has a name himself :scust:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
My guess is…Flip showed Reed & EZ bigger bags than they’ve ever seen. If you know anything about TX rap…you know many of these dudes kept getting crazy money beyond their mainstream 15 mins (Chamillionaire, Slim Thug, Lil Flip).

The average local artists here can gig consistently for $10K a show without ever leaving the state or doing anything besides rap. Guys like the ones I named who have mad ventures and side hustles…obviously Reed & EZ saw something that made them sign the dotted line.

If you’re someone like K-Rino or Devin The Dude, I feel like you got it good in TX where that fanbase can support you like that. Plus, TX low key fukks with all kinds of styles there which is something that gets overlooked.

I’m not convinced. Lil Flip is ice cold in 2022. Slim Thug, Z-Ro, Trae, etc still get major views and are very active. Lil Flip? Nah i dont see it.

He has several videos with Reed and i bet no one here even knows about them.

Yeah Lil Flip I can’t say I’ve even heard that much from in recent years. I respect the fact he does support battle rap. It’s not like he did like Chamillionare and became a venture capitalist. But he must be doing something right to be able to something for them. It’s a wait and see kinda situation. Hell, we are still waiting on some more stuff with Mook signing to Busta’s label (he’s still on there, right?).

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I think Surf & Verb are two of the most talented guys in battle. If I were going to sign any battlers, it would be those two,

They are personalities, can make music, podcast, etc.

Verb should have been blown up, but he’s not committed to fully executing his ideas.
problem with battlers is once they get even the slightest bit of validation they jump off the roof wit it

either try to punch down on other battlers and end up getting humbled by the community

or try to run with the elite and look like a damn bozo