Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
problem with battlers is once they get even the slightest bit of validation they jump off the roof wit it

either try to punch down on other battlers and end up getting humbled by the community

or try to run with the elite and look like a damn bozo

SMH. Too true.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
problem with battlers is once they get even the slightest bit of validation they jump off the roof wit it

either try to punch down on other battlers and end up getting humbled by the community

or try to run with the elite and look like a damn bozo

What's even worse is the way they try to seek validation too :scust: fangirl behavior from nikkas that are gods in their field :mjcry:

Taking weird pictures with other celebs without the celeb knowing :mjcry:

Calling celebs they just met brother/sister :mjcry:

Sharing a DM of a celeb saying hello :mjcry:

It's like come on man,have some pride!

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps

Some of the comments are saying the belt is starting to lose its value with all this going on. I feel that.
MM has to work it out if some staff can't make to an event. Have a sub rep there or somethin'.

MM going to have to clean this up immediately.
Not one single title defense from any of the title holders within the 60 days they were supposed to.
Snake Eyes telling everyone for weeks that the battle with Cortez was a title match and switches it up last minute.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
What's even worse is the way they try to seek validation too :scust: fangirl behavior from nikkas that are gods in their field :mjcry:

Taking weird pictures with other celebs without the celeb knowing :mjcry:

Calling celebs they just met brother/sister :mjcry:

Sharing a DM of a celeb saying hello :mjcry:

It's like come on man,have some pride!

i be tryna tell people all the time, i work in film and the actors/athletes/musician's do NOT like that shyt, they're usually just too nice to say it but it's extremely corny and off-putting, treat em like you would anyone else and they'll rock with you

people don't do business deals or even hang out with "fans" so don't play yourself and assume that position thinking it's gonna get you anywhere :snoop:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Not one single title defense from any of the title holders within the 60 days they were supposed to.
Snake Eyes telling everyone for weeks that the battle with Cortez was a title match and switches it up last minute.
Why Battle Rap can't have nice things Vol. 23476823

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

fukking pathetic no wonder battle rap can't actually become a sport :mjlol: nikkas don't want no judging, scared to defend their belts :mjlol: Might as well just take the full plunge and have battlers choreograph/rehearse their battles with their opponent and shyt

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Let's be honest though Mook would have never l threw a punch if it was a 1v1 battle..
you're buggin, nikka mentioned his dead mom AND brizz put his hands on him, that punch was gonna happen just off of that

I've never seen too men's arms get tangled up like that and it not result in a nikka getting stole on

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
fukking pathetic no wonder battle rap can't actually become a sport :mjlol: nikkas don't want no judging, scared to defend their belts :mjlol: Might as well just take the full plunge and have battlers choreograph/rehearse their battles with their opponent and shyt
:mjpls: you don't think that's already going on? As much as these dudes talk about 30'ing each other you can tell they get way more excited when the battle is close and debatable...i could see quite a few battlers pitching that idea to their opponent, not like Smack gonna be upset, he loves saying "classic" and no one's stock drops off of a good debatable

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
i be tryna tell people all the time, i work in film and the actors/athletes/musician's do NOT like that shyt, they're usually just too nice to say it but it's extremely corny and off-putting, treat em like you would anyone else and they'll rock with you

people don't do business deals or even hang out with "fans" so don't play yourself and assume that position thinking it's gonna get you anywhere :snoop:

One time I was at the Grammys talking to George Clooney and Salma Hayek about some dumb shyt then we were met with this awkward silence. At that point I straight up told them "Um alright Im out yall cool peoples and all but I dont want to talk to yall anymore. Yall tighten up" They just burst out in laughter as departed my self from the situation. They just regular shmegular people to me. I didnt even notice it it was them until I left.

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
One time I was at the Grammys talking to George Clooney and Salma Hayek about some dumb shyt then we were met with this awkward silence. At that point I straight up told them "Um alright Im out yall cool and but I dont want to talk to yall anymore. Yall tighten up" They just burst out in laughter as departed my self from the situation. They just regular shmegular people to me. I didnt even notice it it was them until I left.
one of my bosses damn near had a heart attack seeing me bring up bars from that Twork/Chess battle to Jharrel Jerome :dead: nikka thought i was actually barring dude up

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

I'm here for this :unimpressed: Swamp still have to prove he isn't a fluke IMO

him and Snake would be good on MM

not for nothing i like how Snake is lowkey the face of MM just purely off of his energy, even without the belt/taking losses i think he could still be that

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjpls: you don't think that's already going on? As much as these dudes talk about 30'ing each other you can tell they get way more excited when the battle is close and debatable...i could see quite a few battlers pitching that idea to their opponent, not like Smack gonna be upset, he loves saying "classic" and no one's stock drops off of a good debatable

Would explain a lot of these "rebuttals" :mjpls: shyt is like choreographing punches for a fight scene :mjlol: Just look at Daylyt/Oops :mjpls:

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
That’s real solid of Suge to show interest in giving Swamp a shot.

Suge’s been in Swamp’s shoes. He knows what it is to go from being hot to dropping the ball a few times and being kept at a distance.

Like Suge, I hope he can prove himself again and get back on

superchoops

Superstar
Daps

Why Battle Rap can't have nice things Vol. 23476823

This all true. At first, it sounded like only the hardcore belt could be defended outside of midnight madness tho. They had one event to crown the champs and then lost pretty much all steam. then you got smack bein like "so we puttin the belts up or what!?" knowin good and damn well if it's up to URL we'd get Minnesota Luke as a judge again :francis:

Aint help that Hardcore belt started gettin passed around like yung berg's chain, too...