Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Krs2

Pro
Daps
Krs2Rookie

Pain and PromiseRookie

@FreshAIG please tell me something happened with the site to explain nikkas popping up in here randomly :mjlol:

Lol i was banned like 2 years ago

Last month i came here and saw they were opening registration so i said fukk it.

This is the best place to discuss battle rap of you are black. I tried reddit and the white boys there worship wack ass dudes like caustic, thesaurus and illmac

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
Reed a battle rap legend, I don't think he can escape that image put on them. I think Eazy got a good chance though

It’s a tough stigma that no one has successfully escaped yet…Mook, Surf, Serius(label deals), the Wild-N-Out guys, etc….Arsonal & Verb with their “retirements”…they all always find their way back to battle rap.

It’s like when wrestlers try to become actors or when Ball players try to rap.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
did cortez absolutely filthy. marketed that shyt as a title match and for what?

also iunno man. Lil Flip's label needs Eazy more than Eazy needs Flip's label but i hope they can actually do somethin for these battle rappers besides showin em around

Daps
It’s a tough stigma that no one has successfully escaped yet…Mook, Surf, Serius(label deals), the Wild-N-Out guys, etc….Arsonal & Verb with their “retirements”…they all always find their way back to battle rap.

It’s like when wrestlers try to become actors or when Ball players try to rap.
Right. It's wild cause I see some battlers actually doing good on TV shows like Wild-N-Out if given the opportunity like Bill Collector, DNA, John John. Surf makes the best music out of battle rappers IMO, he just needs to put Battle Rap on the backburner but when you factor in how much these folks get paid just to rap for 9 minutes, it's hard to give that up

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
My guess is…Flip showed Reed & EZ bigger bags than they’ve ever seen. If you know anything about TX rap…you know many of these dudes kept getting crazy money beyond their mainstream 15 mins (Chamillionaire, Slim Thug, Lil Flip).

The average local artists here can gig consistently for $10K a show without ever leaving the state or doing anything besides rap. Guys like the ones I named who have mad ventures and side hustles…obviously Reed & EZ saw something that made them sign the dotted line.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My guess is…Flip showed Reed & EZ bigger bags than they’ve ever seen. If you know anything about TX rap…you know many of these dudes kept getting crazy money beyond their mainstream 15 mins (Chamillionaire, Slim Thug, Lil Flip).

The average local artists here can gig consistently for $10K a show without ever leaving the state or doing anything besides rap. Guys like the ones I named who have mad ventures and side hustles…obviously Reed & EZ saw something that made them sign the dotted line.

I’m not convinced. Lil Flip is ice cold in 2022. Slim Thug, Z-Ro, Trae, etc still get major views and are very active. Lil Flip? Nah i dont see it.

He has several videos with Reed and i bet no one here even knows about them.