Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Joe was talking down to them because they were talking up to him. Math was essentially asking Budden for mentorship during the show. And it’s not like Joe really needs help to come across as condescending lol. Joe is Joe though, nothing is gonna change here.
Naw,
It was different. Yes Joe is very condescending, but most of the time he still clowning and entertaining while doing so. It was none of that on that episode. Joe was in one of his grumpy moods the last time he was on MEO. I expect him to act completely different this time around.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It depends on the product in music too. Digital, I’d say there is no excuse since you can get it out easier to the masses. Set it up once you got it. Anything tangible like CDs, Tapes, and Vinyl (especially vinyl these days with the lack of materials to make it) the turn around on those things can take time. So a lot of companies have campaigns and etc for that kind of stuff. All in all, have the music ready to move whether it’s digital or physical. And don’t stiff the fans on it; and if there is an issue, you can communicate delays and etc thru email; which Math should’ve done in the first place.
There’s never an excuse period. And it’s A LOT bigger than music. I think people would really be amazed at the amount of people who sell preorders to books they haven’t even started writing yet. Or preorders for films they haven’t even started filming yet. America at its heart is a scamming/finessing/hustling country. This is really a mainstream thing. It’s just most people are able to finish the product and release it before it becomes an issue, a lot of guys in battle rap don’t seem to be able to get that part.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
There’s never an excuse period. And it’s A LOT bigger than music. I think people would really be amazed at the amount of people who sell preorders to books they haven’t even started writing yet. Or preorders for films they haven’t even started filming yet. America at its heart is a scamming/finessing/hustling country. This is really a mainstream thing. It’s just most people are able to finish the product and release it before it becomes an issue, a lot of guys in battle rap don’t seem to be able to get that part.

Look, I wasn't trying to argue with you about that. Because you are right as far as fools getting over on finessing and scamming. What I was referring to was in terms of releasing music in detail. And preparing for it; which it sounds like Math disregarded when it came to his fans. That's why I was making selling music digitally and tangible products. But that's a whole other topic aside from battle rap.

Last edited:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
who said Diz was dating Megan Good?

Nobody. They literally took a picture together. And that’s usually enough for Coli brehs to say a woman is fukking or dating a guy.

Not on here. But I looked it up and some news reports said it.
And even then, that could be all cap and hearsay. Just sayin'.
:hubie: