Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Who sets up preorders without a product :dahell: What's wrong with these battlers man :mjlol:

Yeah especially with digital.
And you can make limited physical copies of stuff now for cheap depending on what you want to press up.

He has a Bandcamp too where you can set up a pre-order there and get some folks to order with no problem. Not sure why he didn’t take advantage of that or even Bandcamp Fridays where they waive their fees. If he wanted to drop some music, he could take a note out of Marv Won’s strategy, Geechi, Rain (even though he doesn’t battle), or even do like RJ Payne now that he has reinvented himself. Another stigma about battlers making music: some of them just don’t know how to put the music out there, too.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Right when we were talking about Joe being on Math’s podcast, I was thinking about that project and I remember that it was supposed to drop last year. Got my answer and whatever happened to it. Not a damn thing.
I actually thought about copping just to support. But the fact that it wasn’t officially out gave me pause. I’m glad I was smart enough to wait. I would be hot. Scamming fans is bytch nikka shyt.
crazy, right? he took some losses in battle rap but wins in real life on some other shyt.
She was one of my childhood crushes after watching My Cousin Skeeter. If you are a 80s baby that grew up in the 90s, yall know what I’m talking about.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Listening to that new Pusha x Hov - Neck & Wrist hearing Pusha spit

You eco-friendly jewelers, you keep recycling
Cartier bustdowns, just not my thing

- Pusha T (Neck & Wrist)

Goodz was just speaking on bustdown Cartiers bein for lil nikkas, LAST WEEK - when he said.

“Grown men don’t do the iced-out Cartier”
- Goodz (04:10)

:wow::wow::wow:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
crazy, right? he took some losses in battle rap but wins in real life on some other shyt.

Are they?

or are people making an assumption based on a picture?

It is interesting seeing Math chop it up with Joe while Joe and Surf are friends for real. Wonder if Math is gonna get down with Joe’s network. Hopefully, Math just stays on this course and keeps making content.

I’ve said this before, but Joe is a controller. I don’t think he would put an existing show on his network. He’s the type of guy that would rather create a new show from scratch using new talent. He would also control where the content is created.

Basically Adam 22 does the same shyt. All those different podcast are recorded at his place.

I know some people may wonder why he doesn’t put PSA hiphop or MEO on his platform it’s because it would never happen.

Last edited:

Ardamus

Daps
Are they?

or are people making an assumption based on a picture?

I’ve said this before, but Joe is a controller. I don’t think he would put an existing show on his network. He’s the type of guy that would rather create a new show from scratch using new talent. He would also control where the content is created.

Basically Adam 22 does the same shyt. All those different podcast are recorded at his place.

I know some people may wonder why he doesn’t put PSA hiphop or MEO on his platform it’s because it would never happen.

Well, I thought that picture with Diz and Megan was just some coincidence but a few news outlets reported they were dating. They met when they would workout at the same gym and became friends. So I guess it carried on from there. Or they could be all cappin’. I dunno. I thought Diz got married a while ago for some reason.

Agree about Joe. He needs to be in control of everything and tries to act like it’s in the best interests of everyone else.

Last edited:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah,
I didn’t like how Joe was talking down to them. But Math have more clout now, so Joe probably will be normal.
Joe was talking down to them because they were talking up to him. Math was essentially asking Budden for mentorship during the show. And it’s not like Joe really needs help to come across as condescending lol. Joe is Joe though, nothing is gonna change here.

Ardamus

Daps
A lot of people. You’d be amazed. Usually it’s completely desperate people and not those with a reputation to lose though.

It depends on the product in music too. Digital, I’d say there is no excuse since you can get it out easier to the masses. Set it up once you got it. Anything tangible like CDs, Tapes, and Vinyl (especially vinyl these days with the lack of materials to make it) the turn around on those things can take time. So a lot of companies have campaigns and etc for that kind of stuff. All in all, have the music ready to move whether it’s digital or physical. And don’t stiff the fans on it; and if there is an issue, you can communicate delays and etc thru email; which Math should’ve done in the first place.

Last edited: