Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Does Clips vs Calicoe finally make sense?

These guys have been wanting to put that battle together for years, but it never made sense. They’ve both been doing well lately. I’m no longer against the battle. I predict it will happen this year.
It's one of those few URL era battles that shockingly hasn't happened yet. I'm not against it, but still not excited for it. I don't think a win necessarily does anything to either of their careers at this point. But it could be fun. It would interesting to see whose style can negate the other person's because they both have a battling technique that's kinda bulletproof.

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
It's one of those few URL era battles that shockingly hasn't happened yet. I'm not against it, but still not excited for it. I don't think a win necessarily does anything to either of their careers at this point. But it could be fun. It would interesting to see whose style can negate the other person's because they both have a battling technique that's kinda bulletproof.

Yeah, would be a good "technical" battle. Kinda like how certain boxing fights are required to watch if you wanna learn how to box, this battle could become like that for battling vs top tiers like geechi

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Does Clips vs Calicoe finally make sense?

These guys have been wanting to put that battle together for years, but it never made sense. They’ve both been doing well lately. I’m no longer against the battle. I predict it will happen this year.
Should have been happened, seems kinda ridiculous guys who battled everyone from their own era never got at each other; time to just get it over with and move on. I don’t think it’s ever really gonna be genuinely highly anticipated.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
I feel like Clips and Calicoe spoke on battling for a split second a while ago and then everyone forgot about it. Should have happened already for sure.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Calicoe been on record saying he was paid multiple times to battle Charlie years ago. It never happened because one of the two would always go on a streak of shytty performances at the wrong time and kill the momentum, usually Clips.