Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Battle Rap IQ question right here

What battle rapper has NEVER choked? Mook, Rex, Daylyt Edit: Calicoe...
I don’t think I’ve ever seen Cal choke but I’ve seen him stumble multiple times.

Has DNA or Hollow ever choked?? I’ve seen Hollow throw out some weak freestyles then stop rapping abruptly, but never outright choke like he forgot his material (unless you wanna count that shyt in the 2 on 2 with Lux, which I tend to put on Lux).

Don’t think I’ve ever seen Goodz even come close to choking, but he did throw that battle if you choose to count that.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The only good thing about Danny choking against frak is that hardly no one will see it. That is not a battle people were demanding to see or had any type of interest.
For the life of me I don’t understand why Danny haven’t learned from previous years about taking too many battles. I understand that he needs the money, but he cost himself so much more in the long run. If he would have managed his career right, he would be getting 20 to 30k a battle, and would be an unquestioned legend.

Last edited:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cal had a choke vs Brizz but was able to get it back. Roc had a choke against Pat Stay. Mook, Rex, Hollow, DNA, Serius Jones are some I can think of. I don’t think Ave, or Head Ice ever choked.
I’m 98% sure Ice has choked, or at least had egregious stumbles, before, but the particular battle is escaping me right now. So I gotta look it up to be sure.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jon Jon has never choked. And Rex cheats by pulling out mixtape verses :russ:

Also never seen JC or Hollow choke.
Pulling out a mixtape verse can’t be cheating, if (1) Rex was the one who wrote the verse and (2) no one who calls him out for it never actually heard any of his mixtapes.

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pulling out a mixtape verse can’t be cheating, if (1) Rex was the one who wrote the verse and (2) no one who calls him out for it never actually heard any of his mixtapes.

That's exactly Rex's argument too. All I'm saying is Rex has a solution for choking. shyt I bet he's forgotten his shyt multiple times and nikkas didn't know coz he just switched to a random mixtape verse smooth as shyt

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's exactly Rex's argument too. All I'm saying is Rex has a solution for choking. shyt I bet he's forgotten his shyt multiple times and nikkas didn't know coz he just switched to a random mixtape verse smooth as shyt
I don’t get the criticism for that though lol. If anything it’s a POSITIVE. Why the hell doesn’t EVERYONE have a “mixtape verse” to go to when they forget their bars? :usure:

And once again, if you wrote the bars, and no one else heard it, then what is the problem with Rex using mixtape verses as opposed to anybody just using random bars??

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t get the criticism for that though lol. If anything it’s a POSITIVE. Why the hell doesn’t EVERYONE have a “mixtape verse” to go to when they forget their bars? :usure:

And once again, if you wrote the bars, and no one else heard it, then what is the problem with Rex using mixtape verses as opposed to anybody just using random bars??

I'm not criticizing it, it's smart. It's a cheat code.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Only watched the first 5-10 mins so far but I had to :wtb: @ Lux going into excuse mode out the gate for his Geech battle. Talkin bout it being on the west coast and Geechi's backyard, like he didnt build a good part of his aura off beating out of towners (Miles/Cal).

Love that Lux and Blac are in the same room though, years in the making lol.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The only way you're gonna get the viewers to incorporate a little bit of critical thinking and at least get them to attempt to form their own conclusions on things is to remove the crowds man. When the crowd is feeling one more than the other (for whatever reason), that energy is electric and easily sways the viewers at home and even the battle rappers who should know better.

Some people love battle rap for that energy though, they're not really here to decipher and dissect the actual rapping, they don't even know how...so I understand them and that...but crowd reaction/performing shouldn't be the end all be all to who won, crowds react to terrible shyt often just because it was delivered disrespectfully/aggressively enough to make them react...or the dudes homies is with him looking aggressive and adding to the visceral effect of the disrespect, etc...

That's always been my only real gripe with battle rap aside from the content. The rapping needs to matter way more, imo, if this shyt was all quiet room style shyt I'd be way more engaged. I'm the minority tho I'm sure, lol, so fukk all that, get that money and make this shyt WWF with rapping, that's what the majority likes

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
This nikka Lux…all these mental gymnastics about what fans need them do for a more insightful experience and “inner standing”…it ain’t that serious bro. It’s just battle rap and nikkas think you lost.

AveRocca

Stars and Bars
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
“You want the candy I’m tryna give you filet…menyawn (mignon).”

Lux is wild lol