Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
I don’t get the criticism for that though lol. If anything it’s a POSITIVE. Why the hell doesn’t EVERYONE have a “mixtape verse” to go to when they forget their bars? :usure:

And once again, if you wrote the bars, and no one else heard it, then what is the problem with Rex using mixtape verses as opposed to anybody just using random bars??

I’m not mad at it because the worst thing you could do is choke. I think people say that usually because it comes across not tailor made for the battle and sounding like it’s indirect. Me, I put choking and not finishing your round at the complete bottom of the totem pole when it comes down to it. Freestyle if you can and make it sound good…kick something you know…or whatnot. May not win you the round or battle but it’s better than choking and giving up.

AveRocca

Stars and Bars
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
This nikka Lux…all these mental gymnastics about what fans need them do for a more insightful experience and “inner standing”…it ain’t that serious bro. It’s just battle rap and nikkas think you lost.

I don’t really think it’s mental gymnastics as much as it’s someone with a certain predilection hoping to impose his preference and perspective on a new age consumer base. shyt is a waste of time really. Popularism is by definition intense and transient.

nikka just needs to do the Nas thing (but in the battle sphere of course). Make the shyt that you rock with, make sure that it’s up to your standards and let the people that value that work enjoy it.

Ardamus

Daps
choking bar none. at least when you recycle you're doing something

that’s my point. you choke and call time, you already know you are more than likely down that round. recycle to salvage it and let the fans roast you for it later. finish the battle.

Only thing youre doing by recycling is being lazy. You can choke at any minute, regardless of prep. Not really in your control sometimes. You can control being lazy and re using material.

I prefer recycling than choking. That awkward silence is cringeworthy. If you get it back, that’s cool but you’re more than likely down that round unless you do something crazy to come back.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Which one of yall made this garbage ass shyt

Aint no way Chef Trez an S tier rebutter but Illmac, Thesaurus and Ill Will are B FOH!! This whole list is ass.
u8ggp6csa6r81.png

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
I don’t really think it’s mental gymnastics as much as it’s someone with a certain predilection hoping to impose his preference and perspective on a new age consumer base. shyt is a waste of time really. Popularism is by definition intense and transient.

nikka just needs to do the Nas thing (but in the battle sphere of course). Make the shyt that you rock with, make sure that it’s up to your standards and let the people that value that work enjoy it.
This.

Ardamus

Daps
Danny is bodying his own chances for Champion of the Year.

This nicca will never learn his lesson

:francis::francis::francis:

Exactly bro. shyt got me tight. After the Tay Roc battle and the shyt with Lil Slap, he should’ve just focused on Pristavia. And he wasnt bad against Ave but it wasn’t enough to beat him. I’m probably pissed off in whatever parallel universe he lost this battle in, too.
:mindblown: