Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like Surf is on the verge of being added to Joe's podcast or getting his own podcast on Joe's network. The feedback has been too overwhelming.

Only two nyggas in battle rap that I believe should really have a podcast are Surf and Verb. Yeah verb made a half ass attempt like he does everything else, but was never really all in.

The thing with Surf is he lives in Atlanta now right? You really think he would fly in consistently to do Joe’s podcast?

Joe is a controlling dude. I don’t think he has any interest if the talent isn’t willing to record at their same location.

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
I suppose the statistics say I'm in the minority, but Verb and Surf are annoying to listen to and both suffer from the same complexes. But hey, the listeners are intrigued so what do I know.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Only two nyggas in battle rap that I believe should really have a podcast are Surf and Verb. Yeah verb made a half ass attempt like he does everything else, but was never really all in.

The thing with Surf is he lives in Atlanta now right? You really think he would fly in consistently to do Joe’s podcast?

Joe is a controlling dude. I don’t think he has any interest if the talent isn’t willing to record at their same location.
I think Surf would move back for the opportunity. The set up is too perfect for him to not do it imo. Plus his roots are still on the East coast, I believe he's only been an Atlanta for a short time, so it wouldn't be much for him to move back.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps

This. And after how he did Rory and Mal, I couldn't see myself rockin' with him. Especially considering Mal having his back all those years in some pretty tense situations.