Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
He is going about it somewhat right BUT we have to wait and see with this one. I would just say Cor gonna body this but can’t say that out the gate; not even a Surf fan but I can’t say this will be a walk in the park for either one of them. JJDD did ok with no slips or stumbles but he re-said things everyone already knew, didn’t sound as motivated, and it just wasn’t his night.

when surf decides he's gonna get up there and rap, he's unique enough and punches anywhere between the 2nd and 4th bar that he gets the attention of the room off that alone. John John wasn't even bad that night...as a JJDD hater i can't even throw shade on his performance. It's just levels to performing with regular battle rap content. Cor's Material can definitely make this closer than i'm thinking it should be.

For Cor to win, i almost feel like we gotta look at Surf differently in the gameday thread after the battle, other than a choke happening

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah as far as I know, Beasley deals with most of the negotiations.

As far as hands on in other ways, I mean he has personal relationships with this battlers, but with Floyd it's hard to compare because he actually does what the same thing these fighters do. So he can give pointers on boxing, how to deal with money, groupies, family etc...but Smack isn't a battler or even a rapper. He can't really be that hands on in that capacity, but I know Smack has paid rent, bills, bails, lawyers for some battlers over the years.

Floyd is probably more hands on, but they’re two completely different forms of entertainment. This isn’t to diminish what Smack does in anyway, but boxing and battle rapping aren’t the same. Boxers require more resources and attention then battlers.

Hell he’s probably more hands on then other boxing promoters. Floyd has his days where he’s at the gym all day. That just isn’t something smack can do. Battle rappers live all over the country. Boxers do as well, but they tend to go to Vegas or where they can get the best sparring.

Floyd pretty much would sign guys to Mayweather Promotions that would come to train at his gym that he took a liking to, and would fly to the Olympics to scout talent. Smack isn’t doing that in battle rap.:russ:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Cortez could have the same issue JJDD actually had. Getting through the rounds clean or not, being motivated or not, if Surf is also getting through his rounds clean, he’s simply a much better rapper than either one of them. So both coming on their A game is gonna just be a clear win for Surf. Cortez is gonna need to have something special or unexpected.

Nah, I really can't agree with this. JJDD had a motivation issue for that battle and he even admitted it. Yeah, I know he chased him or whatever but that's what he said but he lost so it is what it is. Besides, it's a grudge match that's bit more personal it seems so for the optics are going to be a little different for this one. So the motivation for Cor is there. I don't think them both being on their A gives Surf an auto-win; we could end up with a classic that's debatable and that's being considering where I stand with Surf.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah, I really can't agree with this. JJDD had a motivation issue for that battle and he even admitted it. Yeah, I know he chased him or whatever but that's what he said but he lost so it is what it is. Besides, it's a grudge match that's bit more personal it seems so for the optics are going to be a little different for this one. So the motivation for Cor is there. I don't think them both being on their A gives Surf an auto-win; we could end up with a classic that's debatable and that's being considering where I stand with Surf.
I’m not talking about motivation being the issue. The issue is he’s not as good of a rapper as Surf is. Thats truly the same issue JJDD had. Motivated or not, A game or not, if Surf is at level 10 he’s not losing to either one of these guys. No amount of motivation is gonna allow Tobias Harris to outplay LeBron James if LeBron is anywhere near his standard level of play, it’s just like basketball.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps

TODD in my opinion was actually way better than night vs Surf than the masses give him credit for. With that said, the idea that he wasn't motivated for Surf is bullshyt lol i don't care what that man said afterwards. He got beat after all his talking leading up to the battle and was scrambling for excuses

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
TODD in my opinion was actually way better than night vs Surf than the masses give him credit for. With that said, the idea that he wasn't motivated for Surf is bullshyt lol i don't care what that man said afterwards. He got beat after all his talking leading up to the battle and was scrambling for excuses

that nikka looked seriously depressed after that battle, he was lookin like somebody who gave his all and got slaughtered. nikka kept talmbout "i gotta rewatch it to see what happened" "i gotta process last night"

nah nikka we all saw it, you got scraped. if you woulda told me he found out santa wasn't real and aint nothin waitin for him in the afterlife on 15MOFE i woulda believed you

mighta been the first nikka to have full crowd participation in one round and have them mfs rockin with him and still eat a dirty 30

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps

aye thats what he said :manny: a loss is a loss still.
i get why he would say it since so much time has passed.
but he still lost.
he gave it a shot and it didn't go his way.

that nikka looked seriously depressed after that battle, he was lookin like somebody who gave his all and got slaughtered. nikka kept talmbout "i gotta rewatch it to see what happened" "i gotta process last night"

nah nikka we all saw it, you got scraped. if you woulda told me he found out santa wasn't real and aint nothin waitin for him in the afterlife on 15MOFE i woulda believed you

mighta been the first nikka to have full crowd participation in one round and have them mfs rockin with him and still eat a dirty 30

yeah he was definitely fukked up by it. and Surf's back was against the wall so he had to bounce back somehow.

Last edited: