Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Blaze007

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was saying how DMX came up battling, and spitting these long verses, but he actually listened when nikkas got him in the studio and learned how to structure songs.

Mase was saying he himself used to battle all the time, and 1 verse would be like 2 songs of rhymes, but he listened and learned how to craft songs

He was trying to teach Lux how to do the same, but he wasn't taking to the advise it seems.

This had to be way back when because Lux’s last few projects has been pretty good to me. Not saying he has a hit song in the tuck but Lux seems to have song structure down

Sidenote: y’all nikkas wildin for finding a reason to be mad at LIL SLAP of all people. We need a event to happen if nikkas gonna be mad at a 12 year old. Goodness

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
This had to be way back when because Lux’s last few projects has been pretty good to me. Not saying he has a hit song in the tuck but Lux seems to have song structure down

Sidenote: y’all nikkas wildin for finding a reason to be mad at LIL SLAP of all people. We need a event to happen if nikkas gonna be mad at a 12 year old. Goodness

Right. Everyone sucks when u first start at it

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This a solid song
And 10 yrs ago
The fact is most nyggas never gonna make in the rap shyt
Odds like the lottery

:what:Are you trying to rebuttal what Mase is saying by posting one song? Lux has been making music for years. Of course he was good songs scattered around the past 15-20 years. However, Mase is right. Lux doesn’t consistently make good songs and is unable to deliver on a project.

Also, stop acting like Lux is some random nygga who wants to make it as a rapper. Lux has the skill set to have a solid music career. Not necessarily as a mainstream act, but a strong respected independent artist.

What do you mean by “make it?” If we’re talking Jay-z level of course it’s nearly impossible. Being an underground artist that makes money from their craft It can definitely be done.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nah those projects are awful. Poor beat selection and poor hooks.

Lux doesnt make music for the type of people that would even want to listen to him. It’s just dumb

Last edited:

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
He was saying how DMX came up battling, and spitting these long verses, but he actually listened when nikkas got him in the studio and learned how to structure songs.

Mase was saying he himself used to battle all the time, and 1 verse would be like 2 songs of rhymes, but he listened and learned how to craft songs

He was trying to teach Lux how to do the same, but he wasn't taking to the advise it seems.

It seems like Lux took his advice. For the longest it seemed like he was trying to break into the mainstream with some of the music he was making.
I think it would probably benefit Lux to do the opposite. I know that's what I would prefer to hear.

TheObserver

Is In a Race against Time.
Daps
Reppin
The South
I like Lil Slap...
That was a cool battle..
I also like how the other Youth got a chance to Rap and was showed love..

BR supposed to fun and I'm happy for those young guys..

In a couple years.. He gone be smoking dudes..
And he didn't choke either lol

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Part of me wonders how many of Danny's own kids he sparred with before he took on Lil Slap. If anything it was all in fun. I will laugh any angle on Danny for battling Lil Slap because he got hella kids anyway. But none the less, I found it entertaining.

The Surf/Cortez face off was ok I guess. All these bloggers want Cortez to jump out the window on Surf but that won't help him win a face off for real. He played it how he needed to because Surf will get the jump on a faceoff. However, Cortez better bring it every round, too. Like if he played it cool just so he could fukk up, I'll be salty at Bodega.

Last edited:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
I like Lil Slap...
That was a cool battle..
I also like how the other Youth got a chance to Rap and was showed love..

BR supposed to fun and I'm happy for those young guys..

In a couple years.. He gone be smoking dudes..
And he didn't choke either lol

What it reminded me of is the youngins who try to get at the older homie in a game of basketball or something else. Just some neighborhood fun. Nothing extra crazy. And low key, Lil Slap made sure his homies got some shine and I salute that.