Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Respectfully Lil Slap will never be great at battle rapping. He doesn't have any standout qualities. How long will they keep trotting him out to center stage like a mascot?

Get that kid a new Xbox or something. Thanks for your service.

Last edited:

young yeesh

All Star
Daps
Respectfully Lil Slap will never be great at battle rapping. He doesn't have any standout qualities. How long will they keep trotting him out to center stage like a mascot?

I was done with it at the Drake event. He couldn't stand still for 7 seconds. He definitely needed to go to bed, he must've had church in the morning anyway

Of course he doesn't affect the battles so I don't care

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Watching this EZ/Goodz face off/interview is low key silly. Goodz gotta be the most condescending person on the planet. Unless you’re just an overly aggressive yapper like Cass or Surf I wouldn’t even go back and forth with him.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Lol Mase was talking about Tsu Surf vs Cortez on his live yesterday. He's not excited for the battle. He was bigging up 40 Bars and Loaded Lux a lot, saying they are lyrically incredible and could make a big splash in Hip Hop music if they had their head on straight.

He was saying when he got a lot of money for his label, he wanted to put Lux under him, and show him how to craft songs. But he just didn't get it.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol Mase was talking about Tsu Surf vs Cortez on his live yesterday. He's not excited for the battle. He was bigging up 40 Bars and Loaded Lux a lot, saying they are lyrically incredible and could make a big splash in Hip Hop music if they had their head on straight.

He was saying when he got a lot of money for his label, he wanted to put Lux under him, and show him how to craft songs. But he just didn't get it.

I feel like I an apply this to battle rap as well :mjcry: Dude might really be in his own world

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I feel like I an apply this to battle rap as well :mjcry: Dude might really be in his own world
He was saying how DMX came up battling, and spitting these long verses, but he actually listened when nikkas got him in the studio and learned how to structure songs.

Mase was saying he himself used to battle all the time, and 1 verse would be like 2 songs of rhymes, but he listened and learned how to craft songs

He was trying to teach Lux how to do the same, but he wasn't taking to the advise it seems.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He was saying how DMX came up battling, and spitting these long verses, but he actually listened when nikkas got him in the studio and learned how to structure songs.

Mase was saying he himself used to battle all the time, and 1 verse would be like 2 songs of rhymes, but he listened and learned how to craft songs

He was trying to teach Lux how to do the same, but he wasn't taking to the advise it seems.
Around what time period was this?

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

This a solid song
And 10 yrs ago
The fact is most nyggas never gonna make in the rap shyt
Odds like the lottery

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Watching this EZ/Goodz face off/interview is low key silly. Goodz gotta be the most condescending person on the planet. Unless you’re just an overly aggressive yapper like Cass or Surf I wouldn’t even go back and forth with him.
I still need to watch this. Everyone keeps talking about how condescending Goodz was lol

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Some people said that about Geechi several years ago when he was choking and looking down at the floor. Some of those same nikkas probably have his meat jammed down their esophagus and calling him the GOAT. He's 12.

TWELVE.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was done with it at the Drake event. He couldn't stand still for 7 seconds. He definitely needed to go to bed, he must've had church in the morning anyway

Of course he doesn't affect the battles so I don't care

I could take him to quite a few neighborhoods in NYC where the average 12 year old girl would destroy him just off of jokes.

Giving this kid a 100 participation trophies won't prepare him for when things get real.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some people said that about Geechi several years ago when he was choking and looking down at the floor. Some of those same nikkas probably have his meat jammed down their esophagus and calling him the GOAT. He's 12.

TWELVE.

It's not his fault, he's just having a good time. I just think it's bad to push a child into the entertainment business without some specific talent.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It's not his fault, he's just having a good time. I just think it's bad to push a child into the entertainment business without some specific talent.
Then why take time to down talk a 12 year old enjoying himself? Let him live. He may stick with it and become good or even great later, he may be trash, he may not give a fukk once he gets older. You look kinda crazy shytting on a little kid.