Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Myverse is one of those battlers that when they name comes up I think "They're wack" and then I watch their battles and remember they're fire. I don't know why my perception of Myverse is the old school 1980s flow, when she doesn't really do that at all. I forget how crazy she is lyrically.

I get this. It's on her to stay in active. She shouldn't have held out for too long yet trying to work. I see why she would do that but she can't take the fans for granted either.

They really trying play that women smh. She was born for this shyt unlike Jaz and Casey Jays "What Happened To Robot Jones" sounding assess.

She shut them up which is what she should have been doing years ago. I remembered what she could do but she has to show it.

He won’t bring ARP there but I’d be AMAZED if he didn’t bring Math out. This is essentially Math’s best chance to actually somewhat battle Surf, no way he doesn’t involve himself somehow.

I was thinking Math would obviously jump in. LOL, definitely not ARP.

JBQH

Pro
Daps
Myverse is one of those battlers that when they name comes up I think "They're wack" and then I watch their battles and remember they're fire. I don't know why my perception of Myverse is the old school 1980s flow, when she doesn't really do that at all. I forget how crazy she is lyrically.

I feel this. Same way I think about DNA. :yeshrug::manny:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
I feel this. Same way I think about DNA. :yeshrug::manny:

With DNA, sometimes he just does the current event bars and it’s like ugh not again. Then those gun bars from him at times; believability aside, I was into it coming from him like that. But I’m glad he has been switching it up more lately. He definitely did the damn thing against Hollow.

Talented dude on the music and I’m liking his role in media more these days.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If Cortez brings out ARP then the battle rap Mr. Rushmore should be changed to just 4 Cortez heads
If Cortez brings out ARP then ARP gotta be the dumbest person in battle rap. I can’t think of anything that would make him seem goofier than to be the “surprise guest” in a damn URL/Caffeine battle. Not sure how they could benefit RBE at all.

And ARP would come out there and then do what? Stand there like Blackface? It’s not like he’s gonna spit four bars at Surf.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Cortez brings out ARP then ARP gotta be the dumbest person in battle rap. I can’t think of anything that would make him seem goofier than to be the “surprise guest” in a damn URL/Caffeine battle. Not sure how they could benefit RBE at all.

And ARP would come out there and then do what? Stand there like Blackface? It’s not like he’s gonna spit four bars at Surf.

You're 100% correct, I just want the fukkery :noah:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I don't think Surf is running from Goodz. If Surf raps his ass off for 3 rounds Goodz can't take anything away from him.

Eazy should run from Goodz, that's the only dude that could hand Eazy a nasty loss.

I was going to say Pat Stay might also be a bad matchup for Eazy, but then I remembered Pat Stay used to be a custie.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Math on IG now playing a joint he has with Havoc. shyt is hard as fukk.

EDIT: He played a few new songs. He's not playing.

I'm happy he has cut down on trying to do the NYC goon rapper voice. He was out there when I was doing open mics, he just doesn't have a very good "rapping" voice. Especially for the late 2000's version of Math Hoffa, you'd expect his voice to have a booming growl. That mattered a lot when you had to force people to pay attention to you, but not so much now.
His speaking voice is much better, all those clips of him asking artists thought provoking questions are just racking up views.
So why not just rap using your speaking voice?

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I'm happy he has cut down on trying to do the NYC goon rapper voice. He was out there when I was doing open mics, he just doesn't have a very good "rapping" voice. Especially for the late 2000's version of Math Hoffa, you'd expect his voice to have a booming growl. That mattered a lot when you had to force people to pay attention to you, but not so much now.
His speaking voice is much better, all those clips of him asking artists thought provoking questions are just racking up views.
So why not just rap using your speaking voice?
Turns out, he has a project with Havoc. Smart after having him on the show. Hopefully this and the Method Man project drop soon. Havoc on his third or fourth wind :wow:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're 100% correct, I just want the fukkery :noah:

This won't happen, but here's a way he can do it.

Use the third to wild on Surf for all the capping AND then Smack for all the favoritism shown. Talk about how the SMACK/URL organization left him with the short end of the stick time and time again. Even going far as to joke about vaulting his battles.
There's probably enough there for Cor to make a case that Smack & Beas don't want to work with "his kind" if he had the gall to go there.

Bring out ARP.

Say fukk y'all, fukk the politics I'm RBE now.

DO YOU BELIEVE?

Lmao of course Smack wouldn't miss Cortez one bit, but if he delivers that on a Hollohan 3rd round level it would send the culture into a frenzy.