Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
The worst part for Cortez is that his best chance of beating Surf is just Surf simply Jerseying, but that won't really help Cortez like that. Surf will just spin that shyt into "I don't give a fukk about battling Cortez" and people will eat it up and let it go, and nobody will give a fukk that Cortez won.

Best case scenario obviously is Surf bringing three very good to great rounds, and Cortez just being better and winning clearly. But I don't think Cortez at his best beats Surf at his best. Surf doesn't really get too personal with people, and a lot of his Ls are pretty public and he simply shyt talks through them, so unless Cortez has some wild angle that nobody knows about, I'm not even sure the angling is gonna beat Surf.

Well, it depends on the angle tho. There is a lot of shyt Surf has been able to finesse but let’s not act like that it completely protects him either.

Think about it, Cortez hasn’t gotten into any bullshyt as of late. And he actually never does for real. Last big thing that came up for him was winning that bet against Ace Amin and that wasn’t even too big of a deal. Surf, on the other hand, I mean no one has used any angle on him yet involving Midnight Madness. And the scammer angle? Like we all know Surf has been able to work his way into the industry a little bit and he seems to be doing well for himself. So why be a scammer? Problem is, Tez has fumbled when he doesn’t need to with these sort of things. So I dunno. Hopefully Tez takes the win.

As for the fans, nikkas are biased and won’t even give Tez a chance to win. Whether or not Surf pulls a Jersey.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well, it depends on the angle tho. There is a lot of shyt Surf has been able to finesse but let’s not act like that it completely protects him either.

Think about it, Cortez hasn’t gotten into any bullshyt as of late. And he actually never does for real. Last big thing that came up for him was winning that bet against Ace Amin and that wasn’t even too big of a deal. Surf, on the other hand, I mean no one has used any angle on him yet involving Midnight Madness. And the scammer angle? Like we all know Surf has been able to work his way into the industry a little bit and he seems to be doing well for himself. So why be a scammer? Problem is, Tez has fumbled when he doesn’t need to with these sort of things. So I dunno. Hopefully Tez takes the win.

As for the fans, nikkas are biased and won’t even give Tez a chance to win. Whether or not Surf pulls a Jersey.
That's pretty much where I'm at with it. This shyt is a complete uphill battle for Cortez for a number of reason, mainly because he openly has chased Surf for so long and Surf treated him like a lil' dude forever despite Cortez being a headline level battler before Surf was even known, which is wild when you think about it. But I think to get a clear win against Surf in the fan's eyes, it'll take an angle that is lesser known but could be proven and hit, or somebody coming in to help expose Surf, basically like Math did against Hollow. Unfortunately, I don't think the battle rap community/younger generation at large cares about scammers like that, even though (in my personal opinion) scamming gotta be the lowest of the low shyt.

I'm not even necessarily talking about who would win from a technical battling perspective, just what the perception will be after the battle by the general BRC. Especially since Surf has been on his streak, there isn't the aggressive mountain of people wanting Surf to get bodied like there was when he was choking and talking shyt.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps

If Tez is seriously better, i'll give it up but i gotta ask: what has Tez shown us in his last few battles that make you think this'll be competitive?

he was good in the tournament even if i had jakkboy over him, i can give him that.

But Jey the Nitewing and Ace Amin? :martin:

Tez got a lot to work with but ionno man, its still uphill in just about every aspect. Don't see Surf Jerseying but we'll see.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I don’t think the Star power by TSU Surf is going to work as much this time. When it came to John Jon nobody cared about John or his grudge with Surf but reading the fans and battlers reactions so far Cortez seems to have a lot of people rooting for him right now. Can’t really star power an underdog who people want to see win.

Secondly even though Cort lost to Nitty in that tournament the tournament re-introduced a lot of people to how good Cort really is and his legacy surrounding NYB and the battle rap culture.

Cortez has more of a shot than people are giving him credit for

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t think the Star power by TSU Surf is going to work as much this time. When it came to John Jon nobody cared about John or his grudge with Surf but reading the fans and battlers reactions so far Cortez seems to have a lot of people rooting for him right now. Can’t really star power an underdog who people want to see win.

Secondly even though Cort lost to Nitty in that tournament the tournament re-introduced a lot of people to how good Cort really is and his legacy surrounding NYB and the battle rap culture.

Cortez has more of a shot than people are giving him credit for
Stop it breh lol. Nobody cares about Cortez in the same way nobody cares about JJDD.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You’re crazy if you don’t think there are more people in Cortez corner for this battle.
There are, I’ll give you that, but it’s more pity than anything. It’s a situation where people root for the guy who has been getting bullied for years to win. He’s a sympathetic guy to root for. But the fact that Cortez is in this position really should be alarming to him.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mike needed humbling so this is good for him :yeshrug:

people saying it was originally Surf/BDOT but BDot backed out last minute to work on an album

if it's true, surf only got one more backup slowcooked battle left in JC
The Goodz battle is always there for Surf. He’s always gonna have the option to battle Chess and Eazy.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
The Goodz battle is always there for Surf. He’s always gonna have the option to battle Chess and Eazy.

i dont see any of those three being taken as a short-notice "yeah i'll do it with reduced time to prep" battle tho. Like I think JC or Danny Myers will jump on the opportunity. Goodz definitely won't, Chess and Eazy im 50/50 on