Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m happy for Cortez for finally gettin his shot, but this is a TERRIBLE time for him to take that battle.

This is a battle I can’t see Surf losing right now.

Just comparing where they both stand.

Surf
• Is still in his streak, so he has the crowd/fans on his side by default
• Has finally been doin what he should by bringing 3 rds
• Has been an analyst for about a year after them Lux & 40 Barrs L’s, which helped him see Battlerap from outside of the battler bubble
• Has worked on his projection, flow and rhymepatterns

Cortez
• Hasn’t been on a win streak.
• Looks washed and got fat.
• Bein so overweight will effect his projection (like Rex) and will make his bars sound weaker. Especially contrasting it with Surf who got better recently.
• Has the disadvantage of never having been able to shed the weight of Surf belittling him

Surf is clearly gonna win this battle imo

Agreed

He’s finally getting the Surf battle, but it’s when he’s fat & been kind of shaky. Him being overweight has clearly effected his performance.

Then you got Surf, who has been passionate about battle rap the last 6 plus months. It’s a good move by Surf targeting that battle now.

Cool Dr. Money

I’m Lil Jimmy but my boys call me J-Murder!
Daps
Reppin
Q.U./N.J.
Cortez finally got the battle he’s been chasing he’s :flabbynsick: With his back against the wall i want to see what he can do

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Only way Tez can really win if he digs deep enough with the dirt. He has to angle Surf in a way that takes away the sting in what Surf can say. He has to give us 3 of those Hollohan 3rd rounds. Problem is, JJDD tried to angle him and it didn’t work because of that starpower shyt fans put a lot of emphasis on.

I’m glad Tez got the battle as well but the optics are against him on this one. I want him to 3-0 Surf for the sake of playing with his name like that on some corny shyt. But he has to make every bar really count.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Only way Tez can really win if he digs deep enough with the dirt. He has to angle Surf in a way that takes away the sting in what Surf can say. He has to give us 3 of those Hollohan 3rd rounds. Problem is, JJDD tried to angle him and it didn’t work because of that starpower shyt fans put a lot of emphasis on.

I’m glad Tez got the battle as well but the optics are against him on this one. I want him to 3-0 Surf for the sake of playing with his name like that on some corny shyt. But he has to make every bar really count.
Thing is, low key, tez has been a underrated angle rapper. I can remember him destroying Danny meyers with a angle, then we got the hollohan which was a bodybag round. So Cortez has " some things we need to speak about" on surf but can he deliver?

But unlike you all, I know eventually know surf is going to fall off a cliff again. So I also fear Cortez going crazy and surf completely falling apart again and giving us a couple "jersey" rounds then getting on spaces talking for 3 hours about how nobody gets up for Cortez. Lol

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes. He’s graduated to that. DNA could mainevent a SM or NOME at this point
I'd have to actually see this to believe this. I can't see DNA being the main event on NOME or Summer Madness unless he's against Lux or Mook; outside of that there's always going to be other battlers on the card bigger than him. I for sure can't see DNA being the "A" side of a big time main event. But I could be completely off on that one.

Myverse will fukk up any female battler not named E Hart or 40 Barrs (shell edge 40)
No.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Tone lame as hell for uploading that on the web with no context. Clout chasing like he want us to believe he was getting down. Not blaming him for not being able to do anything while getting jumped nikka was outnumbered but he couldve kept that.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
You would know, Reptile is a reginald character from a reginald game:francis:

reptile-mortal-kombat.gif

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The worst part for Cortez is that his best chance of beating Surf is just Surf simply Jerseying, but that won't really help Cortez like that. Surf will just spin that shyt into "I don't give a fukk about battling Cortez" and people will eat it up and let it go, and nobody will give a fukk that Cortez won.

Best case scenario obviously is Surf bringing three very good to great rounds, and Cortez just being better and winning clearly. But I don't think Cortez at his best beats Surf at his best. Surf doesn't really get too personal with people, and a lot of his Ls are pretty public and he simply shyt talks through them, so unless Cortez has some wild angle that nobody knows about, I'm not even sure the angling is gonna beat Surf.