Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Jag trying to get signed it’s cool but he really needed to handle that RBE situation better

This is dope man. Nyggas chillin in a room spitting rhymes. I can’t wait to see this episode and hear this in better quality. Well I hope it’s on the episode and not just some behind the scenes shyt.

Ethnic Cleansing

Fucc Slobks and Crabks
Daps
Speaking of low view YouTube channels, how is it that Norbes, who was once a pillar of the BRC, be struggling to crack 2-3k views?

I get he's not the most entertaining, but he's knowledgeable and has a lot of exclusive interviews

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Speaking of low view YouTube channels, how is it that Norbes, who was once a pillar of the BRC, be struggling to crack 2-3k views?

I get he's not the most entertaining, but he's knowledgeable and has a lot of exclusive interviews

I feel like battle rap has a very...narrow mainstream funnel where you see certain people who've been at it for years (angryfan, hhir, 15mofe) constantly crack good views and the people who've managed to get success outside of BR usually have almost multiples higher views on avg.

That Jade girl got 4k subs. Mike P been doing the blogging shyt for like a year or two now and he got 5.65k subs. you look at a lot of Eazy content, he gettin <10k usual with 20k+ sprinkled in and that's prolly best case scenario. shyt just doesnt seem too view-friendly

Its why Mook can pop back up and get a bag because they command an older (and youtube-accessible) audience

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Norbes is inconsistent and changes his brand every other year. He’s relaunched his podcast quite a few times. He got kicked off the URL and tried to make a boxing podcast. He doesn’t consistently stay with it.