Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Y’all are holding on to the old memories of Verb.

This vegan island version is a shadow of his former self
I personally think Vegan Verb is underrated. Yea he had some trash outings like Roc and Hustle, but he also had some really dope performances. I think one of the problems is that a lot of fans only like punches and disrespect. A lot of fans don’t like the multi layer rhyme schemes. I think it dope.

ReasonableMatic

Daps

I’d love to see this Verb return in a battle too,
but that bark BEEN gone breh..
full

It’s gone :mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps

full

Yep. If he was able to channel this, we would have a problem. That kumbaya fireside whisper flow ain’t getting it.

Verb need to go eat a steak and cheese, drink some Henny and come out like this

:whew::whew::whew:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps

full

His best bet, incorporate the shyt he will talk in those Spaces into his rounds. because he's either hilarious or pissed off. either way, it's a glimpse of something. and tbh, he did go off on ICE. so it's there...somewhere.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
His best bet, incorporate the shyt he will talk in those Spaces into his rounds. because he's either hilarious or pissed off. either way, it's a glimpse of something. and tbh, he did go off on ICE. so it's there...somewhere.
Lyrically, Verb might pull it off.
I agree the possibility is there

Vocally tho, NAAH.. that bark is GONE.
The grittiness in his voice was the UMPH that made whatever Verb would spit hit so much harder.

You can write your heart out, but if your voice doesn’t compliment or elevate what you spit it just doesn’t hit the same.

I’ve been documenting the regression in Verb’s voice for years.
It’s over for his voice, it ain’t coming back :mjcry:
And that’s coming from someone that had Verb in my Top 3 favorite battlers during the DVD era
(Lux, Verb and Yung Ill)
Verb talkin real SPICY

But all throughout the video I keep noticing the nikka whispering
What happened to that nikka voice man :mjcry:
He kinda sounds like Budden when he almost lost his voice during that Mood Muzik I era

If his voice is like that during the battle the impact of his bars won’t sting like they did when he just popped on the scene

Maybe it’s just because of area they recorded at, but it just doesn’t sound right

He WON’T, he lost that grittiness of his voice.

It’s like praying that “SB/Hollow-Verb” will come back.

It’s NOT the same, he lost his bark too.

Prime Verb is GONE and BEEN gone on a decline for years right after that K-Shine battle

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Lyrically, Verb might pull it off.
I agree the possibility is there

Vocally tho, NAAH.. that bark is GONE.
The grittiness in his voice was the UMPH that made whatever Verb would spit hit so much harder.

You can write your heart out, but if your voice doesn’t compliment or elevate what you spit it just doesn’t hit the same.

I’ve been documenting the regression in Verb’s voice for years.
It’s over for his voice, it ain’t coming back :mjcry:
And that’s coming from someone that had Verb in my Top 3 favorite battlers during the DVD era
(Lux, Verb and Yung Ill)

Yeah, I mean, when he is going off in those Spaces, he's talking. But you are right, there is no bark anymore. It's something else now. It still works. Just wish he would save some of what he says for those rounds. Because what he was saying to Eazy in that face-off, he made some damn good points.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I personally think Vegan Verb is underrated. Yea he had some trash outings like Roc and Hustle, but he also had some really dope performances. I think one of the problems is that a lot of fans only like punches and disrespect. A lot of fans don’t like the multi layer rhyme schemes. I think it dope.

The rhymes are good, it's the delivery. He said some good shyt against Hustle too, then she barked on him like a lil' nikka and nullified all of it.

TheObserver

Is In a Race against Time.
Daps
Reppin
The South
Goodz might be the Hardest Battler to Beat..
He just makes everything his opponent say seem light..
Surf will definitely choke..
Goodz will Lil boy him.. and that Surf being Dirty talk will have everybody dying laughing..

And if he lose.. He gone be on Spaces for 72 hours straight...

Last edited:

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good might be the Hardest Battler to Beat..
Goodz will Lil boy him.. and that Surf being Dirty talk will have everybody dying laughing..

I think Goodz main angle will be to attack Surf's crippin and whole gang shyt and make him look corny/stupid. Goodz is smart, he knows Surf is gonna try to neutralize that "you're a lil guy/i got more money" shyt before the battle so the fans won't be receptive to it going in...he kind of rocked Twork to sleep like that. I think Goodz is gonna come at him differently than Surf and everybody thinks, at least for a lot of the rounds. He'll probably throw in some "I'm Smack's partner, you Smack's mascot/son" talk too.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Good might be the Hardest Battler to Beat..

And if he lose.. He gone be on Spaces for 72 hours straight...
He's gonna be on Spaces regardless :mjlol: