Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

TheObserver

Is In a Race against Time.
Daps
Reppin
The South
Watching this Snake and Nunn..
If they rapped the Same Time.. Nunn won rd 1 Easy..
And this Gas for Snake is Ridiculous LOL

Nunn 2nd was better too...Snake had a short Rd..

I edged Nunn the 3rd as well..

Snake wasnt really saying anything Spectacular to me..
And Tony Bro is So Happy to actually be involved and on Camera.. those dudes were ODing..
I know that's his manager but damn..
Anwar don't even act that crazy lol

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Watching this Snake and Nunn..
If they rapped the Same Time.. Nunn won rd 1 Easy..
And this Gas for Snake is Ridiculous LOL

Nunn 2nd was better too...Snake had a short Rd..

I edged Nunn the 3rd as well..

Snake wasnt really saying anything Spectacular to me..
And Tony Bro is So Happy to actually be involved and on Camera.. those dudes were ODing..
I know that's his manager but damn..
Anwar don't even act that crazy lol

Nunn Nunn got robbed :francis:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
B-b-but why y’all critiquing us, we’re a Black business.. :mjcry::troll:- Beasley

Stans: Oh well, that’s just how it goes in business, it’s what they’re supposed to do.. :manny:

The same fans: Why them cacs did this to De La Soul, shyt ain’t right!! :pacspit::mjcry:

The cognitive dissonance is insane LMAO

I had to argue with a dude years before about the idea of black business. Black business is great. We need ownership.
But if its bad business or good business, black business can't be excluded from either one. But that's a different topic.
Anyways, it just feels like had SMACK URL been a little more transparent about it, I don't think fans would feel a way about it.

Ardamus

Daps

Nunn Nunn got robbed :francis:

Snakez Eyez was gassed like shyt
Good rounds but shyt wasnt crazy
Tony Bro behind him :pachaha:

Now, they look biased for real. Black Compass has some good content but they get mad when folks claim they're compromised or biased. I mean...that footage doesn't help. Lol.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what: This clown Chris unbias said he feels like battle rap media has dropped the ball covering the kotd tournament. This dude has been saying a lot of dumb shyt lately. He knows that battle rap media consists of nyggas that only follow street leagues.

KOTD provides a completely different brand of battle rap, that nyggas have no desire to watch. They need their own bloggers that follow that style of battle rap.

He really comes off bitter, because the url doesn’t fukk with him like that since that Norbes untold truth.

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County
I been screaming this shyt. URL is playing chess. Them funneling MM thru Surf (a URL super loyalist, mind you) achieves three things:

1) Gives them a contingency when/if the Norbes lawsuit goes awry

2) Gives them a contingency when/if things with Caffeine go south (the free battles was never a sustainable model IMO)

3) Steps on whatever comeback Fight Klub was planning

The way Norbes was talking in that Angry Fan interview, and that little tidbit Emerson Kennedy let out defending URL against Organik (talking about "cirucmstances") confirm my suspicions. I'm glad some of the battlers saw the play.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I been screaming this shyt. URL is playing chess. Them funneling MM thru Surf (a URL super loyalist, mind you) achieves three things:

1) Gives them a contingency when/if the Norbes lawsuit goes awry

2) Gives them a contingency when/if things with Caffeine go south (the free battles was never a sustainable model IMO)

3) Steps on whatever comeback Fight Klub was planning

The way Norbes was talking in that Angry Fan interview, and that little tidbit Emerson Kennedy let out defending URL against Organik (talking about "cirucmstances") confirm my suspicions. I'm glad some of the battlers saw the play.

I've already said no 3 on here, and I agree on no 1. With the Norbes lawsuit hanging over their heads Smack may not want to put URLTV branding on new ventures.

I don't think they have paperwork to support the idea that Norbes was an employee & not a partner. And Norbes was always introduced as a partner, whether in interviews, in person, etc. The work that he was doing supports the idea he was a partner. The one time I met them, Beasley introduced him as a partner.

He's going to get paid, but what if the judge says he's entitled to partial ownership of the brand too? They have to brand their products something else. "Midnight Madness".... "Chrome 23"...... etc

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had to argue with a dude years before about the idea of black business. Black business is great. We need ownership.
But if its bad business or good business, black business can't be excluded from either one. But that's a different topic.
Anyways, it just feels like had SMACK URL been a little more transparent about it, I don't think fans would feel a way about it.

I understand disappointment, but I'm not sure why fans feel entitled enough to be "upset". Fans didn't pay for any of this, did they?

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's going to get paid, but what if the judge says he's entitled to partial ownership of the brand too? They have to brand their products something else. "Midnight Madness".... "Chrome 23"...... etc

Once I saw Remy was able to get that Yoshi/Pristavia battle so easily from MM, it made me wonder if URL has any involvement with Chrome 23.

Ardamus

Daps
I understand disappointment, but I'm not sure why fans feel entitled enough to be "upset". Fans didn't pay for any of this, did they?

It's a thing of what was said vs. what actually happened. You have to remember, fans still want YouTube drops and not everyone copped the app. Hell, we had a big ass convo about that very thing is in this thread.
Don't matter if they paid for it or not. The presentation of it sounded like ok, we can drop these joints on YouTube without the middle man and etc. Even though YouTube been on some BS, its still used for presenting battle rap content.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore