Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

Nobody forced him to do MM. The point of it was to bring it back to the old feel, where you battle and winner takes all. Everybody getting paid defeats the purpose of the essence of what it is. It's supposed to be like street corner battles/fight klub where you write your best raps, and you might win/you might lose. That's the risk you take.

The people involved knew beforehand it was gonna be released and they weren't monetizing off it.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
He been saying from the door that MM came to be from talks him, Surf, and Beasley were having. Surf countered by denying URL was ever involved, obviously that's not true

they were absolutely behind this from the beginning

I had a feeling, too, and Verb gotta right to feel a way about it. Since its obvious how much they protect Surf. It is definitely still a dope idea overall and Surf/Bill/Jakkboy did a helluva job with executing it.

Marvwon went crazy cot damn

I keep telling y'all Marv makes some of best music in battle rap.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Nobody forced him to do MM. The point of it was to bring it back to the old feel, where you battle and winner takes all. Everybody getting paid defeats the purpose of the essence of what it is. It's supposed to be like street corner battles/fight klub where you write your best raps, and you might win/you might lose. That's the risk you take.

The people involved knew beforehand it was gonna be released and they weren't monetizing off it.

I feel this but my only concern with it is that no talks about it dropping on app have come up until we saw the Snakeyez v. Nunn Nunn battle come up on there. It sounded like it would be its own thing and no other involvement from a league. SMACK got the bag from Caffeine and the app. Not mad at it restoring the feel but I also get what Yoshi is saying. Overall, MM is a great concept bu they obvious have to rework the idea a little.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

She’s basically like oh the URL picked it up? I need to be paid.

I think a lot of battlers share the same opinion.

In order to execute a concept like this, the URL had to distance themselves from it. I figured they were involved because Surf was using their resources. JB films exclusively for the URL.

Im not sure how sustainable midnight madness is. Perhaps the URL should create a smaller league, or use a league like WGH to experiment with ideas.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Nunn Nunn was fire and had some slept on shyt. But Snake eyes surprised the shyt out of me. I can see how he won in the building.

So Verb was right all along.... :lupe:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
don't think it was a clear 30. Debatable 2-1 either way. First Snake, 2nd Nunn, 3rd debatable i'm leaning towards Nunn

If the battlers agree to time limits tho and it's money on the floor, can somebody call time?

How many times must I remind y’all nikkas in Battlerap hate being professional with a passion :francis:
Damn the island god was right
nikkas were to busy stanning Surf to see the obvious lol :mjlol:

Naah, that’s not how this works in real life bro LMAO :russ:

I deal with these kinds things professionally.
If Nunn Nunn wants that’s an EASY payday in court. (He prolly won’t take it there for it for obvious reasons, but still)

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Dudes really twisting themselves into knots to cosign whatever surf and url do. :mjlol:
URL/Surf is shiesty for this one. They know battlers wouldn't have agreed to this premise of a winner takes all the money card if URL were openly running it. They essentially got free labour out of people :mjlol:
“B-b-but why y’all critiquing us, we’re a Black business.. :mjcry::troll:- Beasley

Stans: Oh well, that’s just how it goes in business, it’s what they’re supposed to do.. :manny:

The same fans: Why them cacs did this to De La Soul, shyt ain’t right!! :pacspit::mjcry:

The cognitive dissonance is insane LMAO