Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Exactly, I’ve been sayin this FOR YEARS.

nikkas don’t hate oppression/the system like that.
They just don’t like not bein on the controlling end of it.
The second they have the opportunity
they turn around and oppressor OTHER nikkaS that are smaller than them.

And the crazy part is, nikkas on the sideline will actually champion that shyt :dead:

And the second CAPS or Chris Unbias say sumn about it. Dumb nikkas in the comments like:
“T-t-they just hatin on URL :mjcry:

The whole idea of bein a fan and still bein able to think and be critical is unimaginable to them.

Act and think like an oppressor and get called out for trying to be the oppressor. I’ve shared my take on that but is something I go by because I don’t wanna be that muthafukka at all. Chris and CAPS kept it a bean and everyone wanna get mad. Nah. We not doin’ that.

so basically it was gonna be honest business, Surf went and did his usual bozo mind control behavior, got Beasley and co. on board, then proceeded to lie and paint this picture like he was doing something he wasn't

battle rap never stops being weird :dead: I really don't know how nikkas like Verb and Goodz stayed around for so long, second them cameras cut they be wantin nothin to do wit these nikkas

At the end, Verb had every right to feel the way he did. And I’m glad Goodz wasn’t putting GMB in the mix. Still a great idea but this flawed presentation tho? Nah man.

The bolded aint just battle rap :sas2:

But I digress, I don't have issue with URL using KOTD ideas and rebranding them... BUT I thought it was 'follow the innovators not the imitators, ya heard'

Exactly. But hey let’s not make sense of this. There’s an excuse here someone will make up about that.

TheObserver

Is In a Race against Time.
Daps
Reppin
The South
It would be Easy for KOTD to sue URL.. and that would be Heavy..

Norbes.. RBE Countersuit.. KOTD?

URL is backing themselves in a corner. This gone be an interesting year..

I wonder how much longer they'll be on caffeine..

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

KOTD is gonna sue URL for what? :usure:

Is this something you actually believe is gonna happen, or simply just a hope you have?

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The Norbes lawsuit is the only real problem for URL. They tried to fukk him over, I have no idea why the business was handled that way.

KOTD isn't opening that can of worms of suing. They just want to shift some attention to their brand, which is smart.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
KOTD is gonna sue URL for what? :usure:

Is this something you actually believe is gonna happen, or simply just a hope you have?

The Norbes lawsuit is the only real problem for URL. They tried to fukk him over, I have no idea why the business was handled that way.

KOTD isn't opening that can of worms of suing. They just want to shift some attention to their brand, which is smart.

yeah KOTD isn’t trying to go down that rabbit hole. they got their Twitch deal and Organik is reinvesting into the league thru his cannabis venture. hiring lawyers off that alone could drain them if URL keeps putting it off. they should just focus on what’s next for them at this point.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On Chris recent blog about organik saying url bit blackout for banned, chris mentioned one reason smack was mad is cause the battlers would ask smack for more money than kotd but isnt that only cause smack was the bigger company and could afford more? people try to hide behind that black business shyt but what about the black workers or private contractors ?

Chris is making an assumption. That blog was also flawed. He also gave the impression that the url couldn’t get KOTD guys to battle on the URL platform, which is false. The URL may do a “one off” here or there, but they definitely try to minimize having kotd style battlers on their platform.

Hell we’ve seen kotd battlers want to battle on the url, but couldn’t get on because they don’t fit stylistically.

URL has always paid more then KOTD. Let’s say if it did bother smack. Wouldn’t he have gotten over that years ago?

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly, I’ve been sayin this FOR YEARS.

nikkas don’t hate oppression/the system like that.
They just don’t like not bein on the controlling end of it.
The second they have the opportunity
they turn around and oppressor OTHER nikkaS that are smaller than them.

And the crazy part is, nikkas on the sideline will actually champion that shyt :dead:

And the second CAPS or Chris Unbias say sumn about it. Dumb nikkas in the comments like:
“T-t-they just hatin on URL :mjcry:

The whole idea of bein a fan and still bein able to think and be critical is unimaginable to them.

CAPS calls it how he see’s it. He doesn’t really care.

Chris is different. He was VERY pro url and would defend everything they did. Once they stopped fukking with him, he became an anti url guy. So it’s just hard to take the guy seriously.

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
CAPS calls it how he see’s it. He doesn’t really care.

Chris is different. He was VERY pro url and would defend everything they did. Once they stopped fukking with him, he became an anti url guy. So it’s just hard to take the guy seriously.

I dunno bout all that, Chris used to call beasley hella petty back in the day lol

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dunno bout all that, Chris used to call beasley hella petty back in the day lol

He was definitely a pro url guy. There’s no doubt about it.

Guys like Chris & Vadafly were on the URL’s dyck. Once they gave them the :camby:they started kicking that “im an independent” blogger shyt. Chris shyt is starting to become unlistenable though. It’s not even just the anti url shyt. He says stupid shyt when predicting battles. He references old battles like they just happened.

“Hey man, if Battler A comes like he did against _____ (a battle that took place 12 years ago), he should win.”

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Don't see the Caffeine deal endong too soon. URL is the one thing on there worth a damn. Unless they shyt down, they'll keep paying them to stay afoat. Nobody is watching live streamed Spades and dance battles:mjlol: