Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I mean, all these leagues ripped off SMACK though lol :yeshrug:
Literally every league rips off everything from Smack. Aren't they doing a tourney literally as a response to Smack Ultimate Madness? Even got a Twitch deal after URL got the deal with Caffeine.

"It must be the white boy thinking all nikkas crooks" - Ice Cube

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:scust:KOTD

A league that created some complicated ass season/playoff format with cheap ass battlers in order to have content they can provide twitch every week.

Organik tunes into every URL with that salty look on his face. Do you think Smack watches a kotd twitch event? I hope smack gets on the next Caffeine stream and tells kotd to SMD.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Literally every league rips off everything from Smack. Aren't they doing a tourney literally as a response to Smack Ultimate Madness? Even got a Twitch deal after URL got the deal with Caffeine.

"It must be the white boy thinking all nikkas crooks" - Ice Cube

And KOTD had the Grand Prix when SMACK URL wasn't doing any kind of tourney. And that was way before SMACK URL even got up with UFF. Years ago around when Drake hosted DNA vs. Dizaster. I know you know that.

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And KOTD had the Grand Prix when SMACK URL wasn't doing any kind of tourney. And that was way before SMACK URL even got up with UFF. Years ago around when Drake hosted DNA vs. Dizaster. I know you know that.

A tournament isn’t an original idea. It’s more so the timing. They see the URL do a 25k tournament and then KOTD immediately does a tournament double that amount.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

Yeah something they hadn't done in 8 years and then magically brought it back when URL did the Caffeine deal and UM tourney.

Ardamus

Daps
Yeah something they hadn't done in 8 years and then magically brought it back when URL did the Caffeine deal and UM tourney.

Aight, the Twitch deal, I get it because it was a reaction to the Caffeine deal. In this new era, that's true.

But you know good and damn well they kept doing the KOTD champ shyt anyway which was less organized than the Grand Prix. Hell, all them times nikkas roasted Head Ice for going over there? And they still had the GZ Grand Prix which went past the bigger one. Historically, I'm just saying what it is.

Ardamus

Daps

No no no, I get that part. In this new era, can't debate that. I'm talking about years before,