Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
First off, they stole this whole concept from Blackout, Second of all, 1 rounders? Since when does URL do a whole event of that? The budget must be getting low over there :camby:

But you know how it goes, certain "fans" shyt on KOTD and don't care but they know that Blackout was a dope concept lowkey. Sucks too because they had to cancel the next Blackout when the pandemic hit. Porbably couldn't bring it back once the Twitch deal was in place.

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
URL announced Banned Legacy is this Saturday on Caffeine. All 1 rounders. Battles will be announced the day of.

It's 26 battlers on the card, 13 battles in total:
Rum Nitty
Geechi Gotti
Chess
Ace Amin
Holmzie
Slade
Fonz
Lu Castro
Twork
Danny Myers
Mike P
B Dot
Shotgun Suge
Emerson Kennedy
Nunn Nunn
Charron
Kid Chaos
JC
Bad Newz
Big T
T-Top
Jakkboy
Real Sikh
Drugz
Ryda
Real Name Brandon

One rounders?:hhh:

Geechi is solidified and can do what he wants but :francis:
I'm not sure battles like this are a good look for his brand.

Doesn’t matter. Takes clear Ls, wins COTY anyway. Three times.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
First off, they stole this whole concept from Blackout, Second of all, 1 rounders? Since when does URL do a whole event of that? The budget must be getting low over there :camby:
I dont think its low money, i think these nikkas promised a certain level of output but we know they dont have enough people who can write 3 fire rounds and get through em smoothly at that pace, gotta figure out a way to keep battlers working while maintaining quality control cuz caffeine aint bouta put up with no drought like we had to in the youtube days

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Geechi is solidified and can do what he wants but :francis:
I'm not sure battles like this are a good look for his brand.
Gotti ain’t worried about a brand, he’s trying to get as many checks as possible while he’s hot. Smart idea too, this shyt ain’t forever, particularly at his age with his level of rap ability.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
It’s obvious this event is due to contractual obligations and they know asking top names to have to perform three rounds every 4-6 weeks is a flight risk so the one rounders are a safer option.

I’m still betting money on at least 3 chokes though :lolbron:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
It’s obvious this event is due to contractual obligations and they know asking top names to have to perform three rounds every 4-6 weeks is a flight risk so the one rounders are a safer option.

I’m still betting money on at least 3 chokes though :lolbron:

If Twork chokes in a one rounder he should quit battlerap and just work at Amazon or something. Or be a barista at Starbucks. What a fakkit.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
URL announced Banned Legacy is this Saturday on Caffeine. All 1 rounders. Battles will be announced the day of.

It's 26 battlers on the card, 13 battles in total:
Rum Nitty
Geechi Gotti
Chess
Ace Amin
Holmzie
Slade
Fonz
Lu Castro
Twork
Danny Myers
Mike P
B Dot
Shotgun Suge
Emerson Kennedy
Nunn Nunn
Charron
Kid Chaos
JC
Bad Newz
Big T
T-Top
Jakkboy
Real Sikh
Drugz
Ryda
Real Name Brandon

I like how the URL got rid of that whole class and just kept Slade and RNB.

I really don’t fukk with RNB either but I’m not mad at him getting opportunities.