Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Gwitty and Fetty are starting to ruin these AFM lives for me. I’m trying with them but nah man. Qleen and Snake Eyes, I like those two on there more so.

Young Fab

Banned
Daps
John John and DNA, genericism at it's finest. if a UM4 participant sounded like one of them, they would never be seen on Caffeine again

also Twork smoked JJDD, it may have been one of his best URL performances up to that date. JJDD cut off Jakkboy's shyt and in return the crowd boo'd him through his whole 3rd. Had smack pleadin with the crowd :russ:

also also Tay Roc needs to stop getting mad that Caution got her boots smoked. on an event full of chokes and stumbles, Yoshi was the best and was by far the cleanest. the ol lady gotta live with that
Wait, what?

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
You can call it whatever you want, it's just a fact. People don't prepare for JJDD, that's why he wins. They either choke or have super light material when they battle him. And when they don't, he loses.

It's not that people don't take JJDD serious. He's just a hard person to write for. Same with DNA, Rum Nitty and a few others. It's hard to come with an angle on them or most of the good ones have been used already. Then there are battlers that are easier to write for like Tay Roc and the Christian battlers. That's why its funny to hear people say if we get the 'Tay Roc' Daylyt or the 'Tay Roc' Mook... we aren't getting those versions of them because they will rarely get an opponent that lines up so perfectly with their skillset again.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The lack of respect for John jon is warranted considering how he started his career (stealing from others) but John jon is not hard to beat. He just wins the battle of attrition (similar to C3 & DNA).

nah nyggas come at DNA’s neck.I hate how people try to group him with John John when he’s a way better battler, has produced way better materiel, and had way better moments

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:stopitslime: I hate this excuse
JJDD is a good enough battler that you have to come prepared
I might accept this answer for someone doing a one round in a random league
But if you are on a URL how is this even an excuse

:what:How have you been on this forum for years, been watching battle rap all these years, and have failed to recognize that John John has a clear trend of getting the worst version of his opponents?

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Besides his 2nds for Hitman and Jakkboy. Give me another John John round worth rewatching.

Keep in mind this man has been battling for over a decade