Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
:scust:Rum really doesn’t have a better selection of opponents to choose from it appears.

nikka really runnin from nitty like that?

Woulda thought more people would be callin him out after the reed battle

Who is he supposed to be battling that he hasn’t already battled? Geechi, Shine, Surf, Roc, Clips, Twork, Suge, Ave, Top, DNA, JJDD, Ars, Danny, B Dot, Chilla...he’s seen em all.

And PLEASE don’t say “he needs to battle Mook, Hollow, & Lux” knowing they don’t come outside like that and only 2 people in battle rap history (Verb, Roc) have gotten all those.

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
Anyone deserves Lyt.

I respect Daylyt’s pen/talent as one of the best to ever do it when he’s on his A-game but I do find it funny that he’s now seen as this “Final boss” matchup after 1 battle with Roc.

He has like100 battles against the likes of Oops, J Murda, Loso, Cortez, Rich Dolarz, Skelly, Bangz, D Chain, Spee Dolla, Loe Pesci, Uno Lavoz, KG, Dialect, Osna....but somehow now Rum or nobody besides Lux is deserving :mjlol:

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
seems like someone gassed Prep to expose Ill Will. It's funny that the event was canceled and yet Prep still spit the bars on camera....shyt is fishy

:francis:

Definitely. It really seems like it was a hit job. Trying to assassinate this man’s character. Can’t fukk with a man’s rep like this, especially with social media and the police outchea

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County
Definitely. It really seems like it was a hit job. Trying to assassinate this man’s character. Can’t fukk with a man’s rep like this, especially with social media and the police outchea

exactly. Prep know he gotta see Will now. It's wild becuz he didn't need to take this route.

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
prep trying to come across as hard in his response to ill will situation, "oh as a man... " "we can take it outside". i dont personally know prep maybe hes the biggest gangsta behind the scenes but it looks like hes trying to save face and hes gonna get fukked up in a fistfight with Will, when its possible he could just try to come off normal and avoid any physicality

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who is he supposed to be battling that he hasn’t already battled? Geechi, Shine, Surf, Roc, Clips, Twork, Suge, Ave, Top, DNA, JJDD, Ars, Danny, B Dot, Chilla...he’s seen em all.

And PLEASE don’t say “he needs to battle Mook, Hollow, & Lux” knowing they don’t come outside like that and only 2 people in battle rap history (Verb, Roc) have gotten all those.

I understand that he’s battled damn near everyone, but guys like Don Marino and Holzmie are not dynamic opponents. There’s still a way to go about it.

You obviously aren’t on this forum often, because there’s no way in hell I would say Rum needs to battle mook or Lux. I’m very realistic when it comes to the business of battle rap.

EZ the block is hot right now right? That’s who you target to battle if you need an opponent.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hollow's music is still so garbage and it really amazes me that a guy who is arguably the GOAT battle rapper can sound so terrible when making songs.