Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They were on Instagram live just after that incident and squashed it.

I’m looking at the overall picture, rather then that little minor incident. The reason a small incident like that can even happen is because there was tension in the first place.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hitman said straight up what the problem was. Cal can say extra shyt on social media and then see him in person and act like they friends and hitman don’t play like that. Cal justifies it by it just being rap and making the platform bigger with controversy and hitman said she don’t get down like that with people and then be fake in person showing love when they see each other. I can respect where hitman coming from.

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m looking at the overall picture, rather then that little minor incident. The reason a small incident like that can even happen is because there was tension in the first place.

I'd agree if it wasn't hitman, not the first time he got butthurt about something small and blew it out of proportion.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd agree if it wasn't hitman, not the first time he got butthurt about something small and blew it out of proportion.

Cal is self aware. You could argue Cal did that intentionally to piss Hitman off.

Regardless Cal has said on various platforms there relationship diminished after their battle.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The media freeze is so overblown.

HHIR/15ofe still fly out to these events, still get their content, which is all they need.

When I think freeze, I’m thinking they would have no idea where these events are, although they can always get it because they’re in the loop.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Listening to Lux on HHIR, that Daylyt battle is probably going to be too clean/big in presentation I feel. The way Lux was talking (Daylyt said it before, but he trolls, so it's hard to take him serious) about the financial backing of this battle, it is people involved that you wouldn't even think knew anything about battle rap (He specified, not other rappers), he seemed truly floored by the people who are coming out the woodworks to help get it done.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Listening to Lux on HHIR, that Daylyt battle is probably going to be too clean/big in presentation I feel. The way Lux was talking (Daylyt said it before, but he trolls, so it's hard to take him serious) about the financial backing of this battle, it is people involved that you wouldn't even think knew anything about battle rap (He specified, not other rappers), he seemed truly floored by the people who are coming out the woodworks to help get it done.

This battle bout to be trash :mjcry: It ain't on RBE or URL so it's gonna be like that garbage Daylyt vs Surf joint :mjcry:

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
has there any been any great battle events thrown by folks not really into battlerap like that? Maybe Battle America? Where T Rex vs Yung Ill and Goodz vs Hitman happened

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
has there any been any great battle events thrown by folks not really into battlerap like that? Maybe Battle America? Where T Rex vs Yung Ill and Goodz vs Hitman happened
Battle America was the only one that semi worked, their business format was just not sustainable

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This battle bout to be trash :mjcry: It ain't on RBE or URL so it's gonna be like that garbage Daylyt vs Surf joint :mjcry:

Nah you can't automatically assume it'll be trash. Lux & Day still pull the strings with their battle regardless of who backs it financially. I don't see them compromising anything with the presentation.