Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

AveRocca

Stars and Bars
Daps
Reppin
D.C.

Top tier Ace Amin's at it again. At this point this nikka Surf isn't on shyt but trolling bammas and pretending like he's dropping Kendrick Lamar level projects out here rather than decent projects that play up a little because he's a battle rapper. Every other convo this man alludes to that I95 freestyle too lol.

This nikka isn't in the same stratosphere as Loso in terms of rapping ability either, man is delusional

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

Top tier Ace Amin's at it again. At this point this nikka Surf isn't on shyt but trolling bammas and pretending like he's dropping Kendrick Lamar level projects out here rather than decent projects that play up a little because he's a battle rapper. Every other convo this man alludes to that I95 freestyle too lol.

This nikka isn't in the same stratosphere as Loso in terms of rapping ability either, man is delusional

He's not lying about being a bigger artist though at this moment. I know people in real life that listen to Tsu Surf that don't even watch battle rap. I have never heard anyone play a King Los track. I think he can rap his ass off though.

I do believe Surf is overhyping himself, but that's to be expected.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
He's not lying about being a bigger artist though at this moment. I know people in real life that listen to Tsu Surf that don't even watch battle rap. I have never heard anyone play a King Los track. I think he can rap his ass off though.

Surf makes better music from what i remember about King Los, but King Los raps circles around him.

All nikkas really know King Los for is gettin yelled at by Diddy, Surf might really be the bigger artist at this point

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I have never seen or heard anyone playing tsu music anywhere. All these nikkas on some big fish in a little pond shyt imo but they been in a battle rap bubble for most of their lives so i get it

It's just hilarious watching them forget just how niche this shyt is :mjlol:

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have never seen or heard anyone playing tsu music anywhere. All these nikkas on some big fish in a little pond shyt imo but they been in a battle rap bubble for most of their lives so i get it

It's just hilarious watching them forget just how niche this shyt is :mjlol:

Yeah it's pretty cringe :picard: These nikkas aren't even 22gz level in the industry

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Twork's album is fire, highly recommend it. He has a 2pac meets Rick Ross kind of flow/sound on beats, with a better pen...I think he could blow if Drake or somebody threw him an alley.

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yep the hood nyggas and females love Mozzy, and once Surf started fukking with him, that’s when I start hearing his music in real life. I don’t know if COVID slowed Surf’s music career down, but he should be bigger IMO.

As far as King Los, he’s just not a strong artist. He’s at his best when he’s showcasing his skills on freestyles, but the music isn’t there. He would be great in a group.

Not everyone is meant to be a solo artist. There are so many rappers out there that would benefit and make more noise in a group where they can develop. Groups are still the most slept on platform in hip hop. It use to be common place.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep the hood nyggas and females love Mozzy, and once Surf started fukking with him, that’s when I start hearing his music in real life. I don’t know if COVID slowed Surf’s music career down, but he should be bigger IMO.

As far as King Los, he’s just not a strong artist. He’s at his best when he’s showcasing his skills on freestyles, but the music isn’t there. He would be great in a group.

Not everyone is meant to be a solo artist. There are so many rappers out there that would benefit and make more noise in a group where they can develop. Groups are still the most slept on platform in hip hop. It use to be common place.

Funny you mention this because I was thinking today about how groups in hip hop seem to be dead. back in the day you had like a ton of them. I wonder why they died out. if I recall correctly like the last big rap group was odd future?

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funny you mention this because I was thinking today about how groups in hip hop seem to be dead. back in the day you had like a ton of them. I wonder why they died out. if I recall correctly like the last big rap group was odd future?

More money as a solo act, but you can still use the group as another source of income. When your solo act becomes stale, everyone come together, do the group thing, tour, then go back to your solo work etc.

Last big mainstream group was Migos. I would guess Griselda is the biggest from the underground side.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
More money as a solo act, but you can still use the group as another source of income. When your solo act becomes stale, everyone come together, do the group thing, tour, then go back to your solo work etc.

Last big mainstream group was Migos. I would guess Griselda is the biggest from the underground side.

Right right, I remember an interview with Prodigy and he was explaining why he went solo for a bit. It was basically another opportunity for a check. He was already getting checks as a part of Mobb Deep, as a solo artist he could also get another stream of income.

and you're right Migos and Griselda. I forgot that 3 artists count as a group :heh:

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
Surf talks as if he’s bigger than battle rap but all he does is talk about battle rap and argue with battle rappers. He uses it to stay relevant. If your career is all that and battle rap/rappers ain’t in your stratosphere...then detach from it and go do that full time.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Twork's album is fire, highly recommend it. He has a 2pac meets Rick Ross kind of flow/sound on beats, with a better pen...I think he could blow if Drake or somebody threw him an alley.
I still have to listen to the whole thing, I've heard a few songs. He said Pac is his favorite rapper of all-time (and then Drake), so the influence makes sense.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Yeah only thing I listen to from Los is his freestyles. I don't listen to any of his music. It's just not compelling at all.

I can see Surf getting big enough to having a Dave East level mainstream notoriety, I don't see him being the next Meek like he projects himself to be. He's not versatile enough. At least as of now. But like you said, the Mozzy project helped him tremendously gain a following. I hear Surf's music bump in the street every once in a while. I can't say that for any other battler (currently). I definitely can't say that for Los.